522GW Dash Cam hardwire

D

Deleted member 77299

Hi I just bought 552gw nextbase dash cam and hardwire kit : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B088QY58JM And after connecting red wire to 10a fuse that only works when car is on and yellow wire to 10a live fuse my dashcam keep working all the time and wont switch off. Any idea why ?

Have you checked with a multimeter that the acc fuse is powering down when ignition is off?
There can be confusion with the yellow and red wires as some use yellow for batt and some use the red. Looking at the Amazon pic of the one you linked to it sounds like you have it the correct way round.

Yes I did check. Even if I dont connect red wire just yellow my dash cam still working and charging non stop. This way will kill my car battery :/

I wonder if the kit supplies the voltages to the usb the wrong way around for what the camera is looking for or anything like that. Could be worth swapping the red and yellow wires and seeing what result that has maybe.

Hi I just did that. Camera will work fine but parking mode not working

Nextbase dashcams don't work with 3 wire systems.

Nextbase HWK are 2 wires and you have 2 wiring options :

If you want parking mode the red wire goes to permanent power and the unit protects the car battery voltage

If you don't want parking mode then the red wire goes to an ignition source.

Hi Kremmen
Ahhh that what i was worry about it.
Is that mean my camera will be on all the time if I connect red wire into permanent power?

It will, but, Nextbase have designed their dashcams to go into semi-sleep mode when no movement is detected after x minutes. Not sure if it's 5 or 10.

If you want a better explanation then post again in the dedicated Nextbase section here because Nextbase monitor and reply in there.

Ok thank you for your help. I will buy nextbase hardwire kit and see if its gonna works.

Hi SunnyDJ, Yes camera going off after 10 min but it dosent Look like parking mode/motion detection are working. I did make sure I switch parking mode on in settings also my camera is conected to constant live fuse. I feel a bit disapointed about nextbase dashcams.

the cameras on the next base do not react to movement, but have a shock sensor. that is, it reacts to an impact

Back