522GW doesn't 'see' my iphone

grajay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to set up the MyNextbase app on my iphone. The iphone sees the 522GW and I get as far as the verification code part showing on the phone's screen. But the 522GW doesn't show this code and so I can't go any further.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a work around for this problem please?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, This is what i did...
follow the steps shown below to try and get things working again?

1. Make sure that the camera is not recording, if it is then simply tap the red recording icon in the bottom left of the screen to stop it.

2. Tap the settings cogwheel in the top left and select 'setup'.

3. Scroll to page four and tap 'Keep User Settings' and turn it off.

4. Go to 'Default Settings' and select yes, this will set the camera back to defaults.

5. When the camera turns itself back on you will need to go through the first time setup again.

6. When you get to the 'Connecting' page then open the Bluetooth settings on your phone.

7. You will need to 'Forget' the camera from within the Bluetooth settings

8. Uninstall and reinstall My Nextbase Connect (and Alexa if applicable)

9. Open My Nextbase Connect and tap 'Connect to dashcam', as long as your camera is still displaying 'Connecting' you should be able to connect the two.

10. After a successful connection has been established then tap 'learn more' for Alexa, enable it and then select 'Open Alexa App' at the bottom of the screen.

11. Tapping 'Open Alexa App' should open up the app and take you straight to connecting page for your camera.

12. If you wish to use Alexa please ensure that both Alexa and My Nextbase Connect are kept open in the background on your phone.

Cheers,
Sean...

Thanks for your advice Sean - I shall have a go at that later today and post my result.

Can I just ask please - is it better to have the dash cam out of the car and powered up alongside my phone in my office - or does it make no difference?

Well I did as you suggested and it seemed to work, then the dash cam locked up on the Connect Apps page. So I eventually did a hard reset. When I checked the dash cam sees the phone and the app sees the cam. Trying to do anything else just locked up the dash cam - so I'm going to live without the app. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Hi Graham,
I would try again, just reset cam to Default, turn keep user settings to OFF & on your phone delete any paring to the cam & forget the device..
Turn cam on, Start app on your iphone, Press 'Connect Dash Cam' Numbers match & Pair, then Connect to Live View.. (might take a few seconds)

Thanks Sean - I've now tried several times but it just won't work for me. Have now deleted the app and moved on.

I'm trying to set up the MyNextbase app on my iphone. The iphone sees the 522GW and I get as far as the verification code part showing on the phone's screen. But the 522GW doesn't show this code and so I can't go any further.

Has anyone else had this issue or is there a work around for this problem please?

Thanks
I had it the other day make sure your dashcam is not recording also I had reset it up

Back