522GW modules

Chrise17

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The rear view module and the rear window module which is best for recording whats happening behind the car please?

To capture what's going on behind tyou, a cam that sits in the rear window is best as nothing can block its view to the outside.

I have the rear view camera (see link below for video of footage from it) with my 322 and the view and quality is great, It records in 720p which I believe you can have the rear recorded at 1080p on the 522 if you have the 522 recording itself in 1080p. I like this camera as it gives good quality image and view and doesn't require running wires to the rear of the car for the actual rear cam that goes on the back window.

But on the down side, the roof, seats and headrests block off an awful lot of the screen real estate. And three up in the back?

Given the evidence of the video above, I rest my case m'lud.

But on the down side, the roof, seats and headrests block off an awful lot of the screen real estate. And three up in the back?

Given the evidence of the video above, I rest my case m'lud.
Stating the obvious, a dedicated rear cam that sits in the rear window itself is always going to offer a better view than one that is attached to the front Dashcam. But as I said above it's a very good alternative if you don't want the effort of running wires to the rear window cam.

The rear view module's results seem to vary depending on the situation. Your results seem to worsen the longer the vehicle is as you pick up more vehicle interior, this wouldn't be as much as an issue if the module had an adjustable zoom to compensate for this. As someone else pointed out, head rest design and placement can have adverse effects on what the camera picks up, and having rear passengers almost makes it useless (particularly if they are tall people).

That being said, aside from ease of installation one big advantage the rear view module has over the rear window module is it allows you to have a dash cam with a rear view that is easily portable between vehicles (which is some what helped by Nextbase's Click and Go feature). Almost all traditional rear facing cameras are semi-permanent with installation, with adhesives and tucking wires into the vehicle trim. While the view may not be as good as a traditional rear cam, I think not having to buy and install multiple rear cams if you are moving dash cams between vehicles is worth the tradeoff.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Back