522GW - New PL 353040H battery

keefwho

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 522GW, and it was starting to show signs of the battery not lasting as long as it originally did.
I ordered two new PL 353040H batteries from Nextbase and fitted one battery (keeping the other as a spare).
The new battery lasts less time than the old battery.
I checked the voltage on the second battery I got, and it is only 1.8 volts, a lithium battery should have a discharged voltage of no less than 3 volts.
It looks like Nextbase are selling batteries for the 522GW that have been in storage so long that they have self discharged to below the minimum threshold for lithium batteries and as a result the two PL 353040H 3.7V 320mAh 1.18Wh batteries I have got are absolutely no good whatsoever.

The usual test of fully charging the dash cam and removing the SD card and switching the dash cam on, results in the dash cam working for approximately 90 seconds, and the dash cam comes up with low battery and switches off.

How on earth are Nextbase selling old stock that is clearly no good when you can simply check the PL 353040H voltage, and it should not be below 3 volts, if the battery voltage is anywhere close to 3 volts, the PL 353040H 3.7V 320mAh 1.18Wh battery needs to be charged immediately before it is irreparably damaged by self discharging to below 3 volts, like the two batteries I received look to be.

I am currently waiting to hear back from Nextbase as to what has happened to the two batteries they have supplied and how they intend replacing the two PL 353040H 3.7V 320mAh 1.18Wh batteries

Fingers crossed Nextbase are as quick to resolve the battery problem as they were at dispatching the faulty ones, but this time I hope they send good working PL 353040H 3.7V 320mAh 1.18Wh batteries.

I'll let the forum know the outcome.

Thanks,
K.

Hello,

Thank you for your post, I am very sorry to hear that you received two batteries that are not working correctly. Please let me know your email ticket and I will ensure the issue is resolved quickly.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back