522GW - rear window camera.

Raybro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently changed cars and removed my 522GW and rear window cam from the old car to fit into the new one. I had problems removing the rear window cam cable (jammed) and although no obvious damage, I'm now getting just the outline of the rear cam on the 522 screen. It's also stating no rear cam fitted. I'm guessing I must have damaged the cable. Any ideas for obtaining just a cable?

Hello,

It sounds like the rear camera connector isn't connected correctly. I would recommend the following:

1. Please remove the SD card, then press the reset button on the underside of the Dash Cam. Then, without the SD card inserted, please plug in the rear camera. Then turn on the front camera. Does it now start normally? Can you now see the rear camera image?

2. Clean all of your rear camera connectors with an alcohol wipe to ensure that they're clean and free of debris.

3. Ensure the Rear Window Camera cable is fully inserted where the cables join- it should click when it's fully connected together. There's a connector about 30 cm from the rear camera, this connector can be a little deceiving and needs to be really tight.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back