6 Police vehicles in 5 minutes!

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
6 police vehicles in 5 minutes on a Sunday morning!

What's more remarkable, is you have video of a cyclist that stopped at a red light :cool:

What's more remarkable, is you have video of a cyclist that stopped at a red light :cool:
About the same level of rarity as a BMW using turn signals (I have that on video also).

I saw a Danish cyclist execute a full blown proper left turn in a intersection last week, damn near crashed my car CUZ i dont think i have seen that before.
And it is quite simple, you drive across the intersection ( green light ) and then on the other side you stop at the corner or proceed to turn left ( red light in that direction ) but of course only if there are no cars still going thru the intersection with green light CUZ those of course have the right of way so to say.
It is somewhat comparable to the American turn Right on red light, but funny enough thats still not legal to do for a Danish cyclist, even if he is on a cycle path on the side of the road and turning right there also is a cycle path on the side of the road, in which case the cyclist can barely be said to enter the intersection. :rolleyes:

Most just cross the intersection and then stop at that corner and wait for green so they can go left, but you actually dont have to do that.
Or as seen often, they turn ( without looking over their shoulder ) out into traffic and cross X lanes to get into the left turn lane,,,,,,, which is for cars and a cyclist have absolutely nothing to do out there in a intersection.
Or as also seen often you stop before the intersection, and then if no traffic you cycle to the left in the crosswalk ( red light ), and then over there you proceed in the wrong side of the road, or just casual cross over to the right side ( again without looking )

With a long and illustrious cycling history like Denmark, i am surprised so many dont get it at all. It is a little like America and handguns / weapons, it is a old tradition but sooooo many just can not figure it out.

Back