612gw compatable mini HD out connecting lead to HDMI - for HD TV/Computer viewing

den111s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

NEXTBASE TECH PLEASE or others who have tried, I have No HD connection to the 4K TV.

Just bought the 612gw, updated it to 3.7 and sent for a mini HD to HDMI lead 4K compatable - used for cameras. After connecting before switching on the 612 I expected to see the picture in playback mode automatically sent to the TV when I switched the dashcam on ( as per page 39 of the manual) in fact nothing happens it just stays on the dashcam. Is the cable pin configuration any different than for any other camera - or is the 612 software configured not to use the outlet socket at the moment ?

Regards

Dennis

Last edited:
Hi jokiin,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried it onthe HDMI port of my Acer laptop - nothing, but I will try it on a Phillips HD TV tomorrow.

What lead do other Nextbase users use, do you know please ?

I thought my Samsung UHD on HDMI 3 should have been OK' it works with automatic switching for all my other devices, but nothing there, even after manually selecting the HDMI 3 socket. I will see if the Philips is the same tomorrow.

Thanks

Hello @den111s

The HDMI port essentially just mirrors the playback mode screen, was the file playing on the dash cam ?

Hi Tiffany,

The file was playing on the dashcam, but connecting the mini HDMI out to the TV in the prescribed method did nothing, the picture remained on the dashcam.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

Hi Tiffany,

I have just tried the set up on my other TV, Philips HD. The picture works fine on playback, and contrary to the Manual notes, it stays both on the dashcam screen and TV at the same time, enabling the touchscreen buttons to be operated.

It seems as though there may be a compatibility issue on some TVs with it not talking to the Samsung. I will look into this further when I get more time.

Thanks

Dennis

Last edited:
Hi @den111s sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, we're very very busy at the moment.

I will have to get an update on this as it should work with any HDMI input port.

I have just tried the set up on my other TV, Philips HD. The picture works fine on playback,

most likely an HDCP handshake issue with the Samsung, there's a possibility it could be an issue with the cable that is causing this, have seen it happen before on other HDMI devices where it would work only with some cables and not others

Hi jokiin and Tiffany,

The spec of the lead is below. I have found the problem now which was down to a junction connector with an existing cable. Having now connected direct to the HDMI 4 of theTV Input housing it works OK. Thanks for your advice.

Regards

Dennis

This was priced at 3 pounds 48 pence including postage on Ebay - a no brainer.
2 Meter HDMI Male to Mini HDMI Type C to Type A Male 19 Pin Gold Plated Version 1.4 Cable
Please note this is not micro usb, mini usb or micro hdmi. This is Mini HDMI to standard HDMi. Many people mistake one for the other. If you are unsure what ports you have on your device please message me first.
Latest Version 1.4
Fully compatible with HDMI 1.3b specification and Full HD Bandwidth: 10.2Gbps/340MHz

Version 1.4 For higher speeds, Deeper Color & Additional Color spaces (for supported devices)
Ethernet Capabilities (for supported devices)
3D over HDMI (for supported devices)
Audio Return (for supported devices)
Supports Resolution up to 4k x 2k which is up to 4 times that of 1080P (for supported devices)

24K Gold Plated connectors to ensure superior signal transfer and maximum performance

Transfer Digital Audio and Video signals at warp speed of 10.2 Gigabits per second!

Digital video doesn''t get any better than this

Maximum reliability by tripe shielding (2*foil and 1*metal-braid screen) and gold plated pins(10mu)

Large gauge PVC jacket provides maximum shielding against wear and tear and extreme
temperatures

Designed to meet all HDMI standards
Treble screened to provide complete immunity to environmental EMI and RFI
Oxygen Free Copper conductor
Tinned Copper Braid Shielding

Mini Hdmi to Hdmi
Type C to Type A
Type A to Type C
Mini to Normal Standard
Mini Hdmi Converter

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25