612gw Problems

Birdy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there first time on here.

I've been reading some of your issues and it seems this dashcam ain't worth the money.
I've had mine a few months now and have had issue after issue.
1. is the battery life totally useless
2. Keeps overheating then it effects the memory when it does I need to keep formatting it.
3. Does record all the time. I look at the screen now and then when I'm driving and the recording logo isn't there.
4. It's permanently on through the hardwire install from Halfords and in the parking mode. It's seems to work not bad when I close the door starts recording for a little while then stops.
5. When manually switching it off and on it takes it time.

I am very disappointed in this Dashcam.

Hi @Birdy

Sorry to hear you're not happy with it, I understand it can seem deflating looking on here but its positive that customers share their negative symptoms/experiences with us. That way we can fix them if one already isn't in place.
1) how long have you charged it for inside your home?
2) overheating can happen for 2 reasons, either its a crack in the SD card or the device is operating normally. Its recording 4K and receiving power continuously, both cause excessive amount of heat. This is dissipated quickly via the aluminium casing but it will still get hot. The 612GW has a protection on it to stop it overheating.
3) what brand and size SD card do you have? Are you able to provide a photo of both sides?How often have you been formatting the SD card?
4) This sounds normal?
5) How long roughly?

Do you happen to know exactly which fuse they've hardwired to?

Back