612GW

Even though I've only just changed to a 412gw if this unit is as good as it's price tag then I have no issue changing again if the recorded footage is pin sharp.

One thing we will need to know, given the known issues with poor quality SD cards, and, given that this unit, due to better quality graphics, may hammer the card, is, what is the best card to get.

I've seen recomendations for a particular card only for follow up posts with others having issues.

Don't we like matt black cameras with minimal writing on them to help with stealth installs ?

That looks nice, shiney and expensive which could attract unwanted attention, especially when left in the vehicle in "parking mode".

If you want a stealth install then you give this one a miss

Here is a quick comparison between a 412GW and a 612GW in my car; it's a very cloudy day here in Wales as you can see (obviously).

upload_2017-10-16_17-17-51.png

It's not cloudy in Preston at the moment Tiffany....

Heheheheh!

@NextBase Tiffany That looks bloody gorgeous I'd have to say!

Paul.

Not sure if the difference will be as minimal on mine and where’ve I’ve placed it.

Attachments

• AB66EBC8-36F4-439D-9A73-0A0278B14C58.jpeg
    AB66EBC8-36F4-439D-9A73-0A0278B14C58.jpeg
    153.3 KB · Views: 24
My 412GW is also centrally mounted but I like it there.

I see what you mean @J-K , that position is quite prominent regardless of model.

Last edited:
My car is a brushed silverish colour....

One thing we will need to know, given the known issues with poor quality SD cards, and, given that this unit, due to better quality graphics, may hammer the card, is, what is the best card to get.

I've seen recomendations for a particular card only for follow up posts with others having issues.

Sorry I missed this earlier. For this model it will need to be a U3 card, being 4K this puts even more pressure on the cards capabilities.

In regards to brand we recommend SanDisk for best performance. We’re releasing our own U3 64GB card to go along side this model.

Last edited:
I’m off work next few days was thinking of running a hardwire to the rear so 512GW is ready to be moved as soon as I get the 612GW. Can you confirm it uses the same mini USB connection for power?

I’m off work next few days was thinking of running a hardwire to the rear so 512GW is ready to be moved as soon as I get the 612GW. Can you confirm it uses the same mini USB connection for power?

That sounds like a good idea, yes they use the same mini USB connection so you can use your existing set up in the front for the 612GW.

If I end up getting one @NextBase Tiffany ( ;) ) - will it go into the existing ball socket already being used by a 412GW?

Oh - and you're up late... Don't you ever rest? :)

The mounting is the same as the 312GW, 412GW, 512GW and the DUO HD so they will be interchangeable, it will come with the sucker and adhesive mount.

The Click & Go magnetic mount is quite a hit especially for easy removal when using Wi-Fi and such.

Thanks Tiffany.

I hope the Hong Kong guys are having a positive experience :)

Paul.

Just read the manual, looks really promising however I’m guessing that you still can’t remove the Nextbase stamp...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back