612GW

There’s no option to remove it on latest firmware update for 512GW either. They’ll probably disable the option to hide model number stamp if they let you remove the big logo :dead:

402G = 3M pixel
412GW = 4M pixel
612GW = 8.5M pixel

On paper the images should ne impressive.

I need at least a 6 hour SD card so I guess I would need 128GB, even with dual recording turned off.

It’s time for 256gb card support with 4K. I’ve noticed on the 512GW with a 64gb card when it’s half full I can’t view the newer files on the app till I delete some of the older footages.

Hi all,

The 612GW will be with stores at the end of next week.

@Tony lovelock yes I think it is going to be in that price region, it is honestly a fantastic unit though. I definitely recommend popping into Halfords to take a look when its available.

Do you know what stores it'll be available to buy them from and when the actual purchase date is?

Thanks

Welcome @Shak

It will be released in Halfords, they are taking delivery this weekend.

I will get the exact release date tomorrow for you.

Just found this on YouTube. It's quite juddery and seems like the it's missing a frame or two every so often or is that the micro sd card not keeping up?

Last edited:
How do I get one? :)

They'll go on sale in stores soon - Tiffany is trying to confirm the date (it should be soon) - then I would make sure you're first to the door....

The short clip doesn’t feel £120 better than this.

Might give it a miss and go for the rear addon cam instead.

You need to see it on 4K to see the real quality. A 1080 screen or monitor cannot show the extra clarity, even if you upscale a 1080 video onto a 4K screen.

I'm casting it to my 4K HDR TV which is playing back in 4K from youtube. The second video seems ok but motorway one was too shaky. Is the slightly wider FOV noticeable? And how many hours are you getting on the card?

The 150° is good I think and certainly better than the 412GW.

The motorway one might have been shaking cos of my rust bucket motor - I added a bit of blutack again in the socket later which seemed to help...

15 minutes fills 4Gb of space.

I only have a 1080 monitor but will the footage look better and sharper because it's recorded with more clarity.

When I look at footage from my 412, the 1440 recordings do look slightly sharper than the 1080 recordings even on the 1080 monitor.

I'm no expert on this.

Arrived yesterday, should do the business:

jyWT1zG.jpg

I see what you mean about the shake, looking at the bonnet that first footage is quite bad. Can I suggest some 'Image Stabilisation' for a future firmware update. :)

Last edited:
MY card is on it's way - just the 64Gb.

The first vid was just after the first mounting - and I had to site it better and make it firmer in the hole!

Presumably that sample YouTube footage, being compressed by YT doesn't do it justice anyway ?

I bet 1440@60fps is impressive.

MY card is on it's way - just the 64Gb.

The first vid was just after the first mounting - and I had to site it better and make it firmer in the hole!

Is it possible to upload a shorter clip with a higher resolution? Even on a 1440p monitor the clip is unclear. Ive found it hard to read reg plates etc.

Thanks

I'll try and send a raw file when I can.

INKtFLF.gif

I must admit, I'm very tempted but I'd like to see some non YT footage. I agree with the above that numbers wern't that clear via YT, but we know that.

Dropbox link ?

I've not got Dropbox but I'll see what I can do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back