612GW

£210?

Where from at that price? The RRP is £250

Yeah but RRP's mean nothing. The 101 got as low as ~£32 at one point.

Ford Owners Club (an online forum) do a membership scheme in which you get an halfords discount card offering 15% off everything except bikes, which you only get 10% off. It's a decent card. Membership costs £15 a year and the card doesn't expire.

so £250 - 15% = £212.50.

But like I said, halfords regularly have 10% off technology (especially for black friday I suspect), and the card works WITH these discounts.

So lets say, £250 - 10% = £225, less 15% = £191.25.

I know I sound tight, but halfords won't be selling at a loss at £190, so it just frustrates me paying the extra :)

I know I sound tight, but halfords won't be selling at a loss at £190, so it just frustrates me paying the extra :)

hope they're not doing anything frivolous with that extra money at non sale times, like paying rent or wages ;)

hope they're not doing anything frivolous with that extra money at non sale times, like paying rent or wages ;)

You're suggesting it's a business then? Which of course it is. But that argument works both ways.

Mate if you're happy to pay 'RRP', fair play to you. I'm just not.

Human nature to want to get a deal, getting a deal the day they launch the product doesn't often happen though

Human nature to want to get a deal, getting a deal the day they launch the product doesn't often happen though

I guess my comments were more about the deal Nextbase and Halfords seem to have. The margins seem high to me, especially given the discounting we know will come.

HOWEVER, I will still end up buying at £210! ;)

So you've worked out how to get a deal anyway, they need to account for savvy buyers like yourself, people that wait for sales periods etc, the margins might look great but retail is nowhere near as profitable as people imagine once everything is taken into account

Just been to Halfords Ashton and they haven’t got any in stock now apparently. Halfords Cheethamhill said it’s not release till first of December.

I think he must have that date wrong.

As an aside, I have discovered that my car does have a vibration which isn't helping my videos. If I park up and let cars drive by the sharpness comes back so there is deffo an adverse effect when the engine is running or in driving.

Doesn't bother me really. It is what it is.

Not on display at Barnsley either. Hope it's wrong...

Paul... have to say based on the YouTube video it doesn't have the WOW factor I'd hope for the price. Did you get anywhere with the raw footage?

Not yet. Will have a look

The decision is whether I want to pay roughly the same price, but have either a rear camera (512gw + rear) or 4k and 60fps.

screenie.png Here is a screenshot a couple of cars as I set off to the shops this afternoon taken on an S8 phone while casting the file to my Panasonic 4k telly...

^^ Well, again the image is compressed so we should be careful. Even so I have to say the plates do look extremely sharp. Much happier having seen that than the video. Out of interest how are you casting. Would be great if the nextbase app allows casting to apple tv or a smart tv.

^^ Well, again the image is compressed so we should be careful. Even so I have to say the plates do look extremely sharp. Much happier having seen that than the video. Out of interest how are you casting. Would be great if the nextbase app allows casting to apple tv or a smart tv.

I use Miracast from the Samsung, or from the computer I just right click and cast to device (Panasonic 58" DX802B ).

I'm just popping a file into a Dropbox account - you'll see the vibration I mentioned, but also at the same time the clarity. It is actually showing the heated elements in the windscreen!)

Dropbox file straight from the camera: You'll see the screen wobbling a bit - not sure how to get that spot on just yet - tried a bit of blutack but it's not cured it enough, but my car does have a distinct vibration of it's own which could be the main cause (or could be because the dashcam is mounted by that little ball and socket method maybe). Hope the link works, never done one before...

DROPBOX

link works, will have to wait until Friday to have a look at the video though, computer I'm on now just chokes on that file, my work PC has a native 4k monitor, will have to wait for that to have a look

Thanks for the file.

Plays OK on my tablet. I'll PC it tomorrow.

You do have a wobble on that, looking at the windscreen wipers area shows it. Mine (412) is almost solid now, just a slight vibration over bad surfaces. How is yours fixed, original adhesive pad?

The polariser is on (if you mean that filter) yes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back