612GW

@vibeone £18 is a bargain price for 64Gb especially for a U3. I may be tempted to be a little dubious if this could maintain the speed required for prolonged periods that dash cams require BUT of course you can check this over time.

That's what I've got, not sure if it'll ever make it inside a 612GW though.IMG_7715.JPG

I'm waiting for some more footage to appear. Just want to be 100% sure the wobble and vibration isn't the norm.

@vibeone £18 is a bargain price for 64Gb especially for a U3. I may be tempted to be a little dubious if this could maintain the speed required for prolonged periods that dash cams require BUT of course you can check this over time.

Do they ever let you sleep at nextbase?! (Seriously I, and I expect others, appreciate your feedback and advice here).

Yep I’m aware of the minefield that is SD flash memory in dashcams. The itronics cam I had was seriously picky about anything. The problem is the marketing though...

You could be right, the toshiba might not cut it and will be go back, but even so U3 ‘professional’ 128 cards are around £50. £80 is purely there to allow future discounts and that just annoys me.

BTW, you should probably have a word with Halfords who are advertising your U3 card as having 35mbs read and 50mbs write. I suspect that’s wrong.

This is the card I got... http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...goryId=319429&productId=1386243&storeId=10001

Cost me £15.50ish and long term I’ll use it in a rear cam, and upgrade the 612gw to 128gb.

I’m probably gonna give in and buy it later so I’ll advise about the wobble then :)

That's what I've got, not sure if it'll ever make it inside a 612GW though.View attachment 34183
Would this be ok to use inside the 412gw after the recent firmware update to accept 128gb micro sd cards? Or is the writing speed to much to handle for the 412gw?

Thanks

I was using the card on 512GW no issues so should be fine on 412GW I think. Slaving till 5pm tonight so haven’t opened the box yet.

That card looks great @J-K , you shouldn't have any issues there.

@vibeone occasionally haha, no in all seriousness we want to make sure any problems that arise are dealt with as quickly as possible, I mean I sure don't like waiting. Great to see so many of you have bought it already. Of course, keep us all posted on the card and how you find it. In relation to the information provided on the Halfords website I have just taken a look and sent this to the correct department as it also said 50MOB/s (this is wrong too!). Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

You could use that card in your 412GW @Tony lovelock if you wanted to but it is above what is necessary. As long as your card is class 10 you will get good quality images.

Yeah you can tell nextbase are concerned about the U3 requirement - yellow labels etc, and 2 different Halfords staff asked me about card specs etc and quoted 63fb U3 minimum

Most Halfords staff are still denying 612GW exists :ROFLMAO:
512GW looks, feels and sounds like a kids toy after messing around with 612GW for 5 mins. Haven’t had the chance to get some footages from it yet. GPS logo was constantly switching between red and green on my way home on motorway for 20 mins, is that normal or is it because I’ve mounted it on the 512GW GPS mount?

Green means 5 satellite signals picked up and yellow means 3.

I’m slightly concerned I’ve got a dud. I’ve just been out with the 612gw, a BlackVue 650s and in another vehicle my old itronics. The 612gw has a ridiculous amount of noise on the image and almost looks out of focus. I’m wondering if it’s the filter but not had chance to confirm. Basically the image I’m getting looks nothing like what Paul got testing. Duff one maybe? :(

Actually it might just be positioning. I’m using the suction mount til I’m sure - and it seems to be the heater element causing a problem. Will look further

Last edited:
Yep - but I’m comparing against paul’s Night footage. Night around town.

0134445C-A4AD-466E-B576-54F22BFBA4E5.jpeg Won’t be buying a hardwire kit I’m replacing the existing hardwire with multi socket in the boot and plugging the supplied lead to it.

Btw guys there’s a firmware update available - mine came with r3.01, but r3.07 is on the website.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Alarm man 612GW 25
D 612GW 9
L 612GW 12
megamih 612GW 20
Rickn55 612GW 7
Back