622 Footage

Rickn55

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 622 4k + rwc, 522, 322, 612 4K and 312 x2
Anyone got their hands on the new 622? Just wondering if anyone's got any footage floating about to see the quality..

Just a random clip I found on youtube

Yeah I seen that, can't say the footage quality looks anything to write home about or any better than the old 612 or 522 for the price.

Doesn't sound promising... May be best too save your cash & invest else where

For sure, it doesn't look like it's worth the £250 price tag to upgrade imo.

Does a "random clip found on utube" really give a definitive indication of PQ? I suspect not. Sky seems to be nicely exposed, but I'm not 100% certain about the bit in which you might be interested.

Shutter speed looks decent, as does dynamic range. Exposure is a bit on the dark side but presumably that can be adjusted. Not going to judge detail from a Youtube video, although it seems to have less detail than many 1080 Youtube videos and I don't see evidence of a real 4K sensor.

Biggest issue, I don't like the wobble in the mount!

Does a "random clip found on utube" really give a definitive indication of PQ? I suspect not. Sky seems to be nicely exposed, but I'm not 100% certain about the bit in which you might be interested.
When you see other footage on "utube" from other devices such as the 522 or Viofo for example that have suffered Youtube killing the quality they still look better than that one of the 622. It may just have been a bad clip and we obviously need to see more, but you still get that wobble kind of effect on the video that the 522 has from the mount. Which for that price tag you expect everything being spot on with it, don't get me wrong I'm a Nextbase fanboy but I'm out on this one..

It may just have been a bad clip...
Since it was recorded very close to where the company lives, you might expect it to only mention what it was recorded on if it was the best quality they could manage.

When you see other footage on "utube" from other devices such as the 522 or Viofo for example that have suffered Youtube killing the quality they still look better than that one of the 622. It may just have been a bad clip and we obviously need to see more, but you still get that wobble kind of effect on the video that the 522 has from the mount. Which for that price tag you expect everything being spot on with it, don't get me wrong I'm a Nextbase fanboy but I'm out on this one..
same guy has a comparison of 522 and 622

I'd have to say the 522 looks better overall, especially in that last clip at the traffic lights.
And also the clip with the changing light, through the trees.
And you do see the slight zoom effect 1080/60 has on the 522 in his videos, which I also notice in mine when it was on 19.x firmware.
Can't see me even contemplating the 622, and will stick with the 522 until it goes the way of the Dodo, I think.

I see the YT video is uploaded at 1080p - so no real chance to see the difference in them.

I see the YT video is uploaded at 1080p - so no real chance to see the difference in them.
can't make judgement calls based on YouTube video anyway so it doesn't matter much, no point trying to speculate the good or bad without some raw files to look at

and then watch out for promotional footage being at low speed on very smooth roads to mask mount wobble.

can't make judgement calls based on YouTube video anyway so it doesn't matter much, no point trying to speculate the good or bad without some raw files to look at

I'll see what I can do about that...

Night video is impressive... ;)

Only had a quick look on my phone but the firmware suggests the front sensor is either the 1/1.8 Sony IMX334 or the OmniVision OS08A10 which are both native 4k sensors.

From memory the IMX334 was in the Thinkware U1000 and the OS08A10 was in the Blackvue 900

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Only had a quick look on my phone but the firmware suggests the front sensor is either the 1/1.8 Sony IMX334...
Image quality looks right for the IMX334 to me.

OmniVision OS08A10 is what I am told. ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
152bobby 622GW 5
S 622GW 5
J 622GW 2
Rickn55 622GW 37
Back