622gw connection issues

Toriaoxford

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help. I have just received my 622GW today and set it up in the car. However, I am having real trouble connecting it to my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my iPhone. I go through the set up as directed but when I hit to pair with Bluetooth, nothing happens on my phone – I just get a yellow circle going round and round and round and no connection is made. I’ve tried uninstalling the app, resetting my network settings on my mobile and nothing seems to work – I just get an error message on the camera saying waiting for a connection. Are any of you lovely peeps able to help? Many thanks

Hi

I had the same issue happen with mine! I took it back to Halfords who spoke with Nextbase support and went through the setup in store to see what the issue was I was having, they tried using my phone and even their own and they had the same issues you have mentioned.

Halfords replaced the dash cam for me, this one worked perfectly fine :)

Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone can help. I have just received my 622GW today and set it up in the car. However, I am having real trouble connecting it to my Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my iPhone. I go through the set up as directed but when I hit to pair with Bluetooth, nothing happens on my phone – I just get a yellow circle going round and round and round and no connection is made. I’ve tried uninstalling the app, resetting my network settings on my mobile and nothing seems to work – I just get an error message on the camera saying waiting for a connection. Are any of you lovely peeps able to help? Many thanks

Hi,

Please follow this procedure closely and in the exact order as displayed. This is crucial for correct connection:

1) Turn on the Camera
2) Stop it recording (press the red button on the screen)
3) Go into 'Settings' (press the button in the top left of the screen)
4) Go into 'Setup'
5) Scroll across to 'Keep User Settings'
6) Turn OFF 'Keep User Settings'
7) Go back to 'Setup' settings
8) Scroll across to 'Default Settings'
9) Select 'YES'. The camera will now reboot.

10) On your phone, please uninstall the MyNextbase Connect app. Please be aware that this will delete any saved data currently stored on the app. If you have footage saved that you require, please upload it to the Nextbase Cloud and make a note of the codes then provided. You can then download the footage to your phone at a later date, or to a computer.
11) Go into your Bluetooth settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE
12) Go into your Wi-Fi settings on the phone, then delete any connections you can see to NEXTBASE

13) Turn off the phone and the dash camera
14) Re-start the phone and the dash camera
15) Re-install the MyNextbase Connect app on the phone

16) Then on your iPhone, go into Settings- MyNextbase- Location- Ensure this is set to 'Always'. If you see 'Background Refresh Data' this must also be turned on.
Then go the your MyNextbase Connect app and click on the menu in the top left of the app home screen. Select App Settings and turn on ‘Enable Low Resolution Downloads'.

Once steps 1-16 have been followed precisely, please re-pair the phone and the Dash Cam as per the attached instructions.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thanks,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Support

It didn’t work. Nextbase have even sent a replacement Dashcam but the issue continues. It connects to Bluetooth the phone sees and recognises the Nextbase Wi-Fi but won’t connect

Just a thought, but does your car have WiFi ? My 622GW will NEVER connect when I'm in the car and want to view some footage. I either have to ensure the cars WiFi is off or take the dashcam indoors. Personally, I just take the SD card indoors and access it directly.

having the same issue. But in my case, I lost both - BT and WIFI. The camera itself doesn't enter into pairing mode. Chris from nextbase was trying to help me but he stopped responding.
We tried everything but looks like all connectivity simply stopped working.

Mine was having connection issues again, so I formatted the card and rebooted the dashcam and I have updated the firmware from 10.5 to the latest, so hopefully it will work a bit better, especially the issue I am having with it locking everything it records !!

Had a red light jumper pass me today, so I want to send it to the local cops, so they can prosecute the person.

So just having my usual rant at the 622gw inconsistent and crap connection to my phone in the car when I want to download the file. I am totally fed up having to either take the SD card out or taking the dashcam in the house.

All the reviews I come across nearly always put the 622gw as the No 1 dashcam, but they ALL say how crap the dashcam connection to a phone is. Surely Nextbase know this, so why aren't they doing anything about it !!

REALLY puts me off Nextbase !!

Back