622GW - Horrible Cam

Shane2801

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@NextBase Support

The Good - Records clear video
The Bad - Everything else.
I purchased a 256gb card (High end, met all specs needed).Stupid me fell for the "You must only use a Nextbase Card" routine so I purchased a Nextbase 32gb card to see if this was infact the problem. No it wasn't!! There's $60 wasted. While I'm on the subject why would Nextbase release a camera that records in 4K and only offer a 32 & 128gb card?

The camera will not connect to my PC. When I connect, the drive only pops up for a second then dissappears. This is not a PC related issue I can assure you. So I had to go out and buy a card reader. I cant see how removing and re-inserting a micro SD card does alot for the card or camera I must say.

Dont get me started on the battery.... When I unplug from the car I get one bar which lasts for about 2 minutes. Is this normal??? I doubt it.

After researching onthe internet about this brand of camera I notice there are countless threads like mine and it seems Nextbase just comeback with the same rheatoric. Reset the cam etc...

My biggest problem is that I cant get rid of this brand as I have installed the hardwire kit and also purchased the rear camera. So unless I want to throw away close to $800 spent its not an option unfortunately. I would really be impressed if Nextbase could reply to this thread and actually acknowledge these problems and give me a fix.

Hi Shane,

Thank you for your message.
Regarding the recording lengths, the camera will record continuously in small segments (1,2, or 3 minutes). It will record these segments consecutively until the SD card is full. Then the oldest piece of footage will be deleted and the newest will be saved in it's place. This will continue looping and is called Continuous Overwriting. The Dash Cam does this automatically to allow for more footage to be recorded and the old, unnecessary footage to be deleted without manual intervention.

However Protected Files are not overwritten in the same way as normal files. If you do not format regularly, these files can build up and reduce the capacity of storage available for normal footage. It is essential to format every two weeks to delete any protected files and clear the card ready for continued usage.

You can connect your Dash Cam to your computer using the provided USB cable.

1) Plug your Dash Cam in. Ensure the cable is plugged directly into the dash cam and NOT via the mount.
2) On the dash cam's screen you'll see a menu of 3 options. Please select 'Access Files' on the Dash Cam's screen.
3) If the dash cam does not appear as a drive on your computer, please try all the USB ports on your computer. Double check that the cable is via the camera and not via the mount. If it still does not show, please remove the cable from the computer, press the reset button on the underside of the camera and plug the USB cable back into the camera.
4) Then the Dash Cam will be visible as a removable drive on your computer. If you go into My Computer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) you will be able to see the Dash Cam listed as a drive, usually called NEXTBASE.
5) Double click on this drive. You should then see nextbase.com, nextbase.info and DCIM.
6) Double click on 'DCIM'. Inside this you'll see a selection of folders. Inside these folders are your photos and footage.
7) You can copy the files onto your PC to save, view them using your computer's media player, or view the files using the correct Nextbase app- MyNextbase Player.
The Series 2 Cameras have an internal lithium ion battery for emergency uses, such as the loss of power during an incident. This will allow the camera to continue recording to the end of the clip before switching off.

The 622GW internal battery has around 15-20 minutes of battery life. However with the Rear Camera added, the battery life is drastically reduced due to the additional power draw. This is usually 1-3 minutes if fully charged.

If you intend on using Parking Mode on your camera, then we'd instead recommend using a Hard Wire Kit, not the Cigarette Lighter Cable. The Hard Wire Kit will allow the camera to draw nominal current from the car's battery, preventing the cam's battery from being drained. The Hard Wire Kit has an in-built voltage cut off which protects the car's battery from being drained below 11.2V. We'd recommend using a Permanent Live fuse.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back