64 gb sd that supports high bit rate?

GitupII

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi guys, my gitup2 is coming, I know there are sd thread everywhere, but i just want to know, right now the gitup2 support a bit rate of 25mb/s (aprox. I dont remember exactly) if i buy a samsung evo 64gb (20mb/s write speed) it will lack speed to save the video? Should i buy another sd card for best performance?

And for updating frmw I should get another of 32gb? Or there is a way to make it with the 64gb? Thank you very much, and sorry if it is told before, i didnt find it.

Memory card speeds are quoted in megabytes per second, the recording rate is quoted in megabits per second

Yeah, this is the mistake many do when comparings speeds. - megabytes vs megabits

Ouch! It was clear "bit" rate... thanks for the reply, and about the updating fmwr question?

A 20 megabit bitrate is only needing somthing like 3 megabytes to be written to the memory card every second, but i still prefer the fast memoory cards as the read/write speed of them make then more "fun" to work with in the card reader.

If you are moving 64 Gb of data off a SD card its a pain to wait for at 10 - 20 MB/s but if you have a fast card then you get that data moved at somthing like 100 MB/s

Allso your fast SD card is more futureproofed, cuz rest asured in the future bitrates and what not will only go up, and besides the fast cards are not that much more expensive

i haven't tried it myself, but i've read here that if you format the 64gb card as FAT32 (which requires a separate app in windows but can easily be done in linux) then it will work fine for updating the firmware.
Thank u! thats all i needed to know

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Git2 0
Back