64 GB SDHC?

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was about purchase a Lexar 300x 64 GB SDHC from Amazon but then realized Lexar has discontinued manufacturing media cards.

1. Can the A119 V2 take a 64 GB card?

2. Is Lexar a discontinued brand?

3. Which card should I buy now? Don't like 3 hrs of recording time on the 32 GB card now. Would like to get 7 or more out of a new card. Any suggestions?

Ended up going with Trandscend 400x (non high endurance). It was much lower cost than most other 64GB cards since it looked like an exclusive item for Amazon Prime customers. Maybe Amazon has made an exclusive deal with Transcend?

Hope this one is ok!

Ended up going with Trandscend 400x (non high endurance). It was much lower cost than most other 64GB cards since it looked like an exclusive item for Amazon Prime customers. Maybe Amazon has made an exclusive deal with Transcend?

Hope this one is ok!

is it at least a class 10?

That's good to know. It's not a high endurance one but should arrive in a few days. Wish me luck!

Fantastic. Can't wait for it to get here. Does this card's warranty work for dash cams? Heard some cards don't.

technically only high endurance cards cover dashcam use under warranty, haven't seen any other cards that specifically cover this kind of usage, the failure rate of the Transcend cards has been quite low, we get the odd one every now and then but nothing worth worrying about

...haven't seen any other cards that specifically cover this kind of usage...
PNY does not exclude dash cam or surveillance cam use with their cards (I just checked to make sure that hasn't changed). I've been using them exclusively in my GC's since the V1 was first released way back in the 'dark ages' with no issues.

PNY does not exclude dash cam or surveillance cam use with their cards (I just checked to make sure that hasn't changed). I've been using them exclusively in my GC's since the V1 was first released way back in the 'dark ages' with no issues.

do they mention they cover it or do they just not mention excluding it?

I like the PNY cards also, have used them personally but never resold them

That's good to know. It's not a high endurance one but should arrive in a few days. Wish me luck!
+

This is my favorite card :) My oldest one has seen about 4 years service continuously recording and still tests 100% (y) Haven't done the math lately but that's probably in the 1200X range so I wouldn't worry about it not being marked "High Endurance" :p

Phil

Good catch. The Title and description at Amazon says SDHC but the card in the image says SDXC. I have never seen a product like this at Amazon, it says "For Prime Users only". I am not sure if it is referring to the price or a special SKU made by the manufacturer for Amazon only. I know TV manufacturers make special SKUs for specific retailers, just never seen this for media cards. I won't know till the card gets here.

That's what I figured. This one that I purchased was almost 40% off the regular price and it says for Prime users. Let's hope the card itself is identical to the regular Transcend 400X.

Back