64gb / 128gb SD recommendation

mcmanus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2Ch, Aukey DR02D
Just recently installed the DR900S-2CH. I have done a ton of reading and see that there are some High Endurance cards that are often recommended.

I have the cam hardwired using magic pro but my vehicle does not spend a lot of time in unsecured parking. So I anticipate only using the parking feature 4-5 hours a month total otherwise I have it toggled off.

Is it still important to run a high endurance card or would something like a sandisk ultra A1 work?

High endurance are pretty much all the cards that for warranty purpose are okayed by the makers for dashcam use, but i have never used a high endurance in any cameras for a lengthy time, and i only have one of those in my test suite of cards.
I have no idea in regard to what these dashcams will work fine with, but i don't think you absolutely have to use one of the more expensive endurance cards.

Grab the Samsung 128gb. its the best of the best for dash cams as people here said about it. I just posted a thread about it this morning. Amazon dropped its price today to $44.99 and I dont think it will last for more than 24-48hrs max

Agree on the 128GB Samsung Pro (endurance)

Agree on the 128GB Samsung Pro (endurance)
Just checking these out, seems to be u1 (description mentions 4k recording) apparently need u3, which is the PRO+??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I use the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB. Does a good job and can endure regular daily multiple hour recordings. After each day I cut the files from the SD car and store them on currently, a Seagate Slim 4TB USB External HDD. I have Samsung T5 500GB X2 USB SSD's but I save those for storing my holiday videos. I got the SSD's on sale too normally they're NZ$599 Samsung NZ but go them for only NZ$378.

It can record a solid seven and a half HOURS on Blackvue's highest setting. And the Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB is cheaper than what Blackvue New Zealand sells their 128GB equivalent. And I don't get any corrupted files.

Just thought I would update this thread.

I ended up getting a good deal on a Samsung Pro Endurance 128gb card. Using the 16GB BlackVue card until then.

Back