64GB Card shows 12GB Available... Only Records One Day

Imatk

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm not sure what's happening here.

I have a 64GB card in the mini2 camera and it is only showing 12GB total for the card.

Also I checked my videos and it only has this morning's drive on there... no other days.

I checked it by going to the camera and scrolling on the timeline.

Does this camera only record one day of video?? Or is there a setting I need to change so it will record more?? Or is it just because it's only showing 12GB that it is recording the one day??

My previous camera 0806 got about three days of recording before it started over again.

Any help would be appreciated.

So I'm not sure what's happening here.

I have a 64GB card in the mini2 camera and it is only showing 12GB total for the card.

Also I checked my videos and it only has this morning's drive on there... no other days.

I checked it by going to the camera and scrolling on the timeline.

Does this camera only record one day of video?? Or is there a setting I need to change so it will record more?? Or is it just because it's only showing 12GB that it is recording the one day??

My previous camera 0806 got about three days of recording before it started over again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Is this the same card you used in the 0806? If it's a new card, I would test it with h2testw. Maybe you got a fake?

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml

Same card... so I think I was looking at the wrong thing. When I went into the camera to do a format it showed 64gb

I went into "App Storage Management" and that is what is showing the 12.6 GB

So if that is correct, why did it only record from this morning and not the day before?

Yes the card is formatted from the camera app.

+1 for h2testw

Exactly how much of "3 days" was previously recorded when used in the old cam? are you sure the 3 days was 64gb worth? Or just a few journeys from each day?

how old is the card?

I can't comment on how much of three days... other than the last time I viewed the video from my dash cam was when my car was in the shop for service. It recorded all three days, every time it was started, moved etc.

With the current cam it records basically one day (on the way to work and on the way home) and that's about it.

The card is about a year old.

Back