64GB or 128GB?

Erling

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Gentlemen, is there any reason not to go for 128GB?

I remember there was some issues with 64GB last year, but I have no idea what it was.

Any tip?

Preparing for this years summer holiday.

Thanks.

Hi Erling

Here is a Pittasoft reply to an earlier post - The latest Cloud compatible firmware v.2.002 supports up to 128GB SD card. But make sure the SD card is MLC type and at least Class 10.

I've not yet seen any bad reports about 128GB cards and Pittasoft/Blackvue seem happy with them. Do you need an expensive 128GB card? I've been using a Delkin 375X 64GB card since January, with no probs. I format it in my viewer once a week, with the occasional format in the camera.

I am using Sandisk Endurance cards in 64GB.

Thanks John.

https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/SDC10G2_us.pdf seems to be good enough.

Should I try to avoid 128GB and continue using 64GB?

If you read previous topics on this forum around BlackVue and 3rd party cards, you will see that we have recommended people to only use the BlackVue cards, or the Sandisk (Endurance) model only. 3rd Party cards have problems and people usually think it is the camera but it goes back to the card and its compatibility. I know Pittasoft themselves said you can use 3rd party, but we have tested thousands of cameras and can assure you that sticking to the Pittasoft card will cost you less in the long run.

I have Samsung EVO cards in my blackvue cameras and no problems.

I'm using 64GB Sandisk Ultra cards, mostly because at the time I either couldn't find 64GB Blackvue branded cards or they were four times the cost. They're still significantly more expensive, but available in 128GB now too which is great. The only reason I've ever had to replace any is because I lost them while transferring them from the car to computer. Now always make sure I transport them in micro-to-regular-SDCard adapters.

Back