64GB SD Card

Slava7

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
DCTEAM Viofo A119 Pro MOD-7Th , Thinkware F70,
Hi, whenever I used the higher GB like (64) for upgrading the firmware, my Viofo A119Pro cannot read it ! so I have to used the smaller GB (like 16 or 8 GB) for upgrading my firmware..

Hi, whenever I used the higher GB like (64) for upgrading the firmware, my Viofo A119Pro cannot read it ! so I have to used the smaller GB (like 16 or 8 GB) for upgrading my firmware..
what SD cards do you use? I upgrade my cameras with the same cards used for recording - 64gb - 128gb, I don't have a bigger ones today.

@ borik, Samsung 64 EVO Plus .. whenever I used this for loading the Mods or the Original FW, it will not load..

Samsung 64 Plus .. whenever I used this for loading the Mods or the Original FW, it will not load..
how do you update the firmware? in a car, connected to a PC or a wall / phone charger?
how do you put a firmware file on sd card?

how do you update the firmware? in a car, connected to a PC or a wall / phone charger?
how do you put a firmware file on sd card?

I usually formatted the SD card then transfer the FW to it, then insert to the DC to PC

maybe it cannot handle to used a big sd card for uploading a FW.. :unsure:

I usually formatted the SD card then transfer the FW to it, then insert to the DC to PC
do you use the sd card reader to put a .bin file on it?
how do you format a card? if you take the card out of your camera and it's full of recording the firmware file always will fit in it because it's very small.

maybe it cannot handle to used a big sd card for uploading a FW.. :unsure:
I don't think so.
smile3.gif

64GB and larger cards need to be formatted to fat32. Did you format the card inside the camera first, then load the firmware?

That´s my mistakes, I formatted the card via PC, so it gaves me a formatted exfat, now I try to format inside the camera and show a fat32!. I try to install the FW and BINGO ! Thanks for your tip CaptureYourAction and borik (y) (y)

I never "format" the card for the firmware updates, I just manually delete everything off the card but not using the format tool, then load the firmware the usual way, it's always worked fine

I think my card is the Sandisk Ultra or Extreme, but it's 64gb U3 (the Nextbase 612gw recommendation)

i also use Sandisk Ultra 64 gb on my a129 cam, i never format card on pc, i never delete files before update, just put firmware on root and power cam.

Back