64GB SDXC usable in DR500GW-HD?

pit0711

Reaction score
Country
Germany
i red all the threads but i cant find a answer.
is it working? if yes, how to format etc..

You couldn't have read all of them because there have been heaps on how to do it.

Have a search on "guiformat" Or read the thread "Compatible SD Cards " on page 2 of this forum. Should have been easy to find.

Last edited:
I used HPUSBDisk to format my 64gb card following something I read on here, just plug the card into a slot and the software found it, I didn't set partition sizes or anything, just formatted it and the card works perfectly in my unit. I did the same thing with two 64gb cards just to confirm they work and they did.

i tried guiformat and some other tools, but i only get from the dashcam the error: please check sd card

i updated to 2.001 with my old 16gb card, then inserted the 64gb card, now it works.
its magic :)

If you take it out and check capacity you may find that the camera has recognized it as only a 32gb card. If you put a blank card in the camera it will initialize it and cant recognize more than 32gb. ( unless BV have changed things)

I don't know why you need to use 64Gb cards anyway as a 32 will record a days driving

When I took mine out and checked it there was 59gb of videos on it so I'm positive its working as it should, seems to me Blackvue must have changed things.
I personally drive around 12 hours a day and it good to not have to swap the card if something 'interesting' happens early on in the day, the 32gb would have started to write over the old videos so I would have lost what I wanted to see, whereas the 64gb still has everything on it.

Back