65w best alignment for forward collision warning

slikk66

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi folks, got my 65w installed just a few days ago. My new car (Ford Mustang) doesn't have factory collision warning on my particular model, and having recently rear ended someone in a freak accident in my previous vehicle, I wanted to get this model cam for the feature.

I have it on the front windshield in the middle, just below the rear view. I have the camera height set to "normal", and "center" and the warning sensitivity on "high". I also aligned the little cross on the screen to be just above the tip of the hood.

The warning pops up, rarely, but never when it seems it should. More often it seems to be people changing lanes. I've tried a few times to not hit the brakes until the last second to try and trigger it but it's not really working.

Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong. Does the cross position matter? Should it be on the bottom of the window?

Overall I'm happy with the camera for many other reasons, I just wish the collision warning gave me a bit more anxiety relief :/

Thanks!

These features in dashcams are pretty much just toys, i would never use any feature like that, even if my car had it i would look for a way to turn it off.

Back