7.0 Inch IPS Touch Screen Recorder Dual Lens with Rear View Mirror Auto Registrator Dash Camera

sambosat

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello All,
I have a problem with my Dash cam and I came across your lovely website. First of all, please do not bash me if I'm in the wrong place because I was not sure where would my problem fit. I have purchased 7.0 Inch IPS Touch Screen Recorder Dual Lens with Rear View Mirror Auto Registrator Dash Camera. The camera came with one red cable and another harness that connects the rear view mirror to the backup cam and is powered up by the car cigarette lighter. I have installed the camera and ran the harness to the front and connected it to the Dash cam (In the AV plug that is like headphone jack). My problem is that when I disconnect the rear view camera, the front camera works and I see the front but when I connect the backup camera, the rear view mirror stops working and I'm not sure what is wrong. The model is E-ACE. I'm new to this and did not expect that there are forums talking about dash cams to check it out so please bear with me and any help would be appreciated

the backup camera should only be powered when in reverse (power for this is taken from the reverse light wiring in most cases), it will take priority over the display output when active

Thank you Jokiin for your reply. I do understand that the backup camera is powered in reverse. You see, my dash system came with one red wire for the back up and all I see on youtube are having 2 wires. So what I did is that I have connected that red wire to the positive reverse wire (with a multi-meter I was able to know which cable is positive and which cable is negative while the car is in reverse) but this did not do anything and when I plug the harness that is supposed to be running from the back all the way to the front into the dash cam it keeps blinking and does not go on. I have a video of what it does but how can I upload it here. My system is similar to the system in the picture. Kindly help
Blackview-HS750-Car-Dvrs-Dash-Cam-with-4-3-Inch-IPS-Screen-Rear-View-camera-For.jpg_640x640.jpg
the backup camera should only be powered when in reverse (power for this is taken from the reverse light wiring in most cases), it will take priority over the display output when active
Blackview-HS750-Car-Dvrs-Dash-Cam-with-4-3-Inch-IPS-Screen-Rear-View-camera-For.jpg_640x640.jpg

This is the link for the file
This really stomped me because technically speaking, it should work but I'm not sure if it requires grounding, less power or what exactly. If it requires grounding than can you advice the proper way to ground it please

Sorry I was in a rush and forgot to publish it. Kindly try now

I can't tell what's going on from your video but assuming that's the rear camera you plugged in I'd guess either that rear camera is faulty, or it's wired incorrectly

I can't tell what's going on from your video but assuming that's the rear camera you plugged in I'd guess either that rear camera is faulty, or it's wired incorrectly
Yes Jokiin, when I plug the rear view camera, the dash mirror keeps on blinking. When it comes to wiring, the backup camera has one Harness that plugs in the main harness and then a red wire that I connected to the positive reverse wire

no unfortunately I don't. It is bought from Ali express and they hardly understand my English

Last edited:
It does but you know how are instructions in chinese manuals. They hardly explain anything. Just talking about the devise and configuration. Nothing about connection
I know I bothered you but really not sure what to do. Even the seller is not responding properly

do you have an option to raise a claim with Aliexpress, it's not working so there should be some recourse, asking for a refund often gets a sellers attention

That is what I did and waiting for their decision. The problem is which other affordable system can I buy. This system was about 55 USD

Back