70 Mai Dash Cam Light Start-Up Sounds can't disable

dieskim

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hi, does anyone else here have the 70 Mai Dash Cam Light, it's the one with the screen and golden camera part.
I just got it and I am unable to disable the start-up / shut-down sounds. I disabled it in setting via the camera and app but it won't disable.
Any suggestions?

Hi all. Did my research though multiple forums, and looks like there is no way to disable the start/stop sound through software. This has been made worse by the fact that a lot of people have left comments on the 70mai and nothing has been done about it in terms of pushing through a software update. Volume options are only LOW/MEDIUM/HIGH.

I have however found a way to disable the speaker by simply disconnecting the speaker module, and can confirm it works flawlessly. If you have longed for the annoying sound to be long gone, refer to the instructions as below.

This applies to the 70mai Dash Cam Lite, can't say for other 70mai models.

Difficulty: EASY
Time required: ~ 10-15mins
DISCLAIMER: Perform the below steps at your own risk, I hold no responsibilities if you break your dash cam. Key word is to be gentle, as I will emphasize throughout the instructions below.

Step 1: Gently peel off the sticker at the back of the dash cam, and this will reveal 2 Philips Head screws. Remove the 2 screws and set aside.

Inked20211112_223600_LI.jpg

Step 2: Gently pry off the cover along the line highlighted in green. Only minimal force is required and be very gently to ensure you don't break the plastic cover. The cover should then pop off.

Once cover is removed, you will need to remove the 4 Philips Head screws, circled in red. Note: 1 of the screws is actually below the battery, so wiggle out the battery (no need to disconnect) and unscrew the screw. Set all 4 screws aside.
The speaker module is behind the part circled in yellow.

InkedInked20211112_222849_LI.jpg

Step 3: Once screws have been removed and battery out of its housing (but still connected), dislodge the plastic housing (DO NOT remove the entire housing as cables are still connected) by gently prying through the slots underlined in green.
Inked20211112_222849_LI.jpg

Step 3: Once housing cover is removed, use a flathead screwdriver and gently wiggle the speaker connector out of its housing, highlighted in red below. Voila! There will now be no more sound coming through the speakers, and best of all these steps are completely reversible. You may want to test the dash cam before reassembling the parts back together.

To reassemble the dash cam, simply follow these instructions backwards.

Inked20211112_222650_LI.jpg

Give this post a like if it has assisted you!

Back