70mai A500S

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The A500S is replacing the A500 due to higher processor costs. It is quite similar but uses a Novatek NT96580 processor instead of the Huawei HiSilicon Hi3556 V200 processor. Also allows for a rear camera.

Technical specification of A500S​

• Resolution: 2592x1944
  • Display: 2.0 "
  • Sensor: Sony IMX335
  • CPU: NT96580
  • Lens / Aperture: 2G4P / F1.8
  • Battery: 500mAh
  • ADAS
  • DNR
  • Dedicated application
  • Built-in GPS
  • Automatic time synchronization
The camera does not have a voice command function.

Technical specification RC06 Rear Camera​

• Model: RC06
  • Processor: Fullhan FH8536H
  • Sensor: Galaxycore GC2053
  • Frames per second: 30
  • Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Lens: 2G2P / F2.0
  • Field of view angle: 130 °
  • 5.5 m power cable

1613853978552.png

1613854086654.png

Where is the review? Did you take night footage? They changed sensor and processor. On A500 it was IMX335.

Where is the review? Did you take night footage? They changed sensor and processor. On A500 it was IMX335.

Just published on my blog. Later will post in DCT also.

Liking the change to NT and still has the IMX335. Concerned about the durability of the lens, but there can be good plastic ones. Wish they'd get away from batteries and go to supercaps- that alone kills the chances for this cam with the many of us living in warmer climates :(

Phil

Hi all, now I'm confused. I found a few different names of these dash cams. I have seen 70mai dashcam pro (I guess this is the same as A500) then I found 70mai dashcam pro plus and 70mai dash cam pro plus+ (A500s???) So, I think we are talking about two different cameras but how can I found 3 names (pro, pro plus, pro plus+)? What is the correct name? Dashcam pro plus and pro plus+ are the same? Help me :)

Actually, I need only a front camera with dual channel recording (support the RC06 cam) because I bought the rear cam and service kit before. Should I buy the 70mai dashcam pro plus or I need the pro plus+ (or might be they are the same :D )

Thank you.

I have a problem it doesn’t start recording as soon as the car starts. Sometimes it starts immediately (very rarely) more or less but only after three to five minutes. At that time, I have been driving for quite a few kilometers and it is not recording. I don't like that. I don’t know what to do to start filming right away?
It is not connected to a continuous power source. Is it possible, because the settings are set to turn off after 5 minutes, to drain the battery and therefore not turn on immediately?
But in the settings it is not possible to set it to turn off immediately?
What to do? Thanks for the help.

I have a problem it doesn’t start recording as soon as the car starts. Sometimes it starts immediately (very rarely) more or less but only after three to five minutes. At that time, I have been driving for quite a few kilometers and it is not recording. I don't like that. I don’t know what to do to start filming right away?
It is not connected to a continuous power source. Is it possible, because the settings are set to turn off after 5 minutes, to drain the battery and therefore not turn on immediately?
But in the settings it is not possible to set it to turn off immediately?
What to do? Thanks for the help.
In the "Auto-off in the parking lot" setting, set "Do not turn off automatically". This setting is for cars with constant power.

In the "Auto-off in the parking lot" setting, set "Do not turn off automatically". This setting is for cars with constant power.
But I don't have the camera connected to continuous charging-power?
I will test if anything else. Thanks.

But I don't have the camera connected to continuous charging-power?
I will test if anything else. Thanks.
That's right. But you have connected this setting as if you have a constant power supply. Turn it off.

OK. Thanks. I'm reporting ;)

The same. I went to try it again, even though I already had these settings and I knew it wouldn’t be any different, but I tried it again anyway.
Anyway, it can't work if it says nicely that this is the setting for when you have the camera connected to continuous charging.

Anyone else with any suggestions?

What is the firmware version? Update to 1.0.15ww.
At home, the smartphone charger (min 2A) also does not turn on automatically?
Do you have an original charger and a wire in your car?

firmware version: 0.0.37ww
at home turn on automatically
at car turn on if turn manual
i have original wire plugged into a socket for fireworks

I suspect an outlet, although I tried it with an electrician. I will try plugging in another plug again if it gets better.
If I manually plug the usb port into and out of my home, it works without a problem.
Interestingly, if I manually press the center button in the car, it turns on immediately. So the electricity is inside, but it doesn’t turn on automatically. Maybe the voltage is too low to turn on automatically? I do not know.

Back