70mai A800S firmware.

EGS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo, A129 Plus (eMMC), T130, 70mai A800s
I have been trying to update/upgrade to 0.0.47a.ww using the app. It downloaded ok but the app is not able to push the firmware to the camera even though there is good connectivity between app and camera. I have tried both bands (2.4 and 5Ghz) and still won't do it.
I'm able to see the camera feed and change settings but pushing the firmware just won't work.
Unfortunately 70mai won't offer the ability to download any firmware directly from their website and you have to go trough the "contact us" process to obtain it which is less than convenient and will take some time for their response.
The other thing is that I'm one of their beta testers that kept in constant communication with them providing all sorts of feedback. They seemed pleased with my contribution but once this thing became available to the market all the sudden they are not longer communicating.

So now I will have to wait for an app update or something that fixes this issue. Screenshot_20210402-113148_70mai.jpgScreenshot_20210402-113156_70mai.jpg

Finally I was able to push the 0.0.47a.ww update and gave it a test.
Unfortunately there is a lingering issue with the GPS accuracy. When I enter the coordinates to Google maps it will give me a very wrong location. Probably around 11 mile distance from the actual location.
This is a recurring issue from the several firmware releases. Probably from the beginning.

Emergency video still remains unfixed after the FW 0.0.47a.ww
It still very sensitive in the low setting under the normal driving conditions, easily triggered by minor road cracks, bumps, switching lines and even on very smooth roads.
Camera is well attached to the windshield and firmly attached to it's base meaning there is no rattle in between.
That creates a guacamole out of the footage because too many of the footage goes to the emergency folder for no valid reason. The only way to avoid that at the moment is to turn the feature off and that is definitely not a good or acceptable solution.
20210414_112141.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! .
Just a question. Is it generated by 70mai or is it from a trusted independent group?
Original 70mai firmware with some adjustments in Russian voice and text. Please feel free to use it as a stock firmware if your language is not Russian :)

Reactions: EGS
Original 70mai firmware with some adjustments in Russian voice and text. Please feel free to use it as a stock firmware if your language is not Russian :)
Got it installed, Thanks! (y)
Now time to do some testing to see if anything has improved.

Finally GPS accuracy and distorted audio recording issues have been fixed with this firmware (0.0.49.ww)

It is so nice to see that some improvement is been done in the right direction. Hopefully we see more soon.

Unfortunately the Emergency vídeo sensitivity still pretty bad and wasn't addressed with this firmware.

EGS can you please tell me how to do the firmware upgrade? I downloaded version 0.049 from the link that nutsey posted above here. Do i just copy the firmware to the root of the SD card?

EGS can you please tell me how to do the firmware upgrade? I downloaded version 0.049 from the link that nutsey posted above here. Do i just copy the firmware to the root of the SD card?
Yes. Make sure you first extract the compressed folder then once uncompressed copy it to the SD card root folder.
While the camera is powered off, inset the SD card, turn the camera on and updating warning will appear. Let it do it's thing until the camera finishes updating. The camera will restart on its own and at that moment you should reconfigure with your desired settings.

Thanks. When I decompress A800S-0.0.49-RUS-01.zip there's only one file (FW_DR2800.bin), no folder. Do I need something else?

Copy the (FW_DR2800.bin) file to the SD card root folder.
Make sure the power is not interrupted while the upgrade is in process.

Copy the (FW_DR2800.bin) file to the SD card root folder.
Make sure the power is not interrupted while the upgrade is in process.
Hi EGS, and the language on the cam is still in English or Russian ?
Is there any improuvments for the parking mode ??
Thanks

Hi EGS, and the language on the cam is still in English or Russian ?
Is there any improuvments for the parking mode ??
Thanks

You can choose the language as in previous versions of the fw, so English is still available. No improvements besides GPS accuracy and audio distortion that have been fixed.

Firmaware 0.0.50a.ww (upload date 04/23/2021) is available for download over the app.

Change log:
. ota test

Does anyone know what that (ota test) means or is?

I have downloaded and upgraded my camera with it but so far I didn't notice any changes at a glance and will continue test.

By the way, once again, pushing the firmware to the camera using the app fails quite a lot but after many attempts it finally went through.

My take is that OTA here means "Over The App" or "Over The Air" update. Maybe they're trying to fix the issues when trying to push the firmware upgrades from the app.

Does anyone know what that (ota test) means or is?
Once you have realised how many backdoors are already available in your firmware (root password and sshd keys are immediately coming into my mind),
then you will enjoy OTA:unsure:

Back