70Mai Charging

noone

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I purchased the unit with the intent of mounting to my motorcycle. 1st time I tried to charge the unit, it didn't charge (i turned it off after connecting to power).

Will the unit only charge when its on / recording? I understand its designed to be used plugged in, but my commute is only 20-25 min, it would be handy to be able to charge it rather than sort out the wired solution (and how to keep the USB Micro cable from shorting when its raining / 70 Mai is disconnected).

Out of interest, after a recording charge, I managed ~10 min of recording from the battery only. If I can get an hour or 2, would be great.

stuff.hunter

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
The battery on 70mai wasn't meant to be as a tegular power source, its only for finishing recording when USB power goes off. My advise is to get cheap small power bank for a few quid, it would do just fine

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

OP
N

noone

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks.
I can wire it from an accessory circuit on the bike, just wanting to know what its capable of.
After a little more testing, it does not charge when off and can record 30 min of footage on the battery alone.
Time to find some waterproof connectors...

visser

Reaction score
Country
Australia