70Mai Charging

noone

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I purchased the unit with the intent of mounting to my motorcycle. 1st time I tried to charge the unit, it didn't charge (i turned it off after connecting to power).

Will the unit only charge when its on / recording? I understand its designed to be used plugged in, but my commute is only 20-25 min, it would be handy to be able to charge it rather than sort out the wired solution (and how to keep the USB Micro cable from shorting when its raining / 70 Mai is disconnected).

Out of interest, after a recording charge, I managed ~10 min of recording from the battery only. If I can get an hour or 2, would be great.

The battery on 70mai wasn't meant to be as a tegular power source, its only for finishing recording when USB power goes off. My advise is to get cheap small power bank for a few quid, it would do just fine [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

*regular not tegular [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks.
I can wire it from an accessory circuit on the bike, just wanting to know what its capable of.
After a little more testing, it does not charge when off and can record 30 min of footage on the battery alone.
Time to find some waterproof connectors...

Back