70mai Dash cam pro video is grainy even in bright sunlight.

darkkid85

Reaction score
Country
India
I guess the post says it all!
The dash cam video is very grainy even in dawn, when it is bright and sunny.

My 70mai dash cam pro runs 1.1 Firmware , from factory.
Is this because of the fact, i have a transparent sun-film on front windshield?
I have installed a "Felt" dash-board mat as well, to take care of the reflections!
I do NOT have a c.p.l filter.
Will a firmware update help in improving the video quality a tad bit?

Please review the video attached and share ur feedback!

Last edited:
need to see the original file to judge quality, YouTube compresses the video, looks as expected based on the sample you shared though

I am wondering why the footage are 3:4 format ?

OT: i am hard pressed to think of a country where a dashcam are a more valid investment. :eek:

@kamkar,

How do i change the video footage to a bigger format? did u mean 4:3?
I dont think there is anything called 3.4 aspect ratio.

What firmware update are u on running? Is there a procedure to change ?

need to see the original file to judge quality, YouTube compresses the video, looks as expected based on the sample you shared though
How do i share with u the original video, without compression?

IMX335 is a 4:3 sensor IIRC.
I am wondering why the footage are 3:4 format ?

OT: i am hard pressed to think of a country where a dashcam are a more valid investment. :eek:

Yeah i think most still are, just confuse me the footage have same aspect ratio no matter what resolution you select on youtube.

Yeah i think most still are, just confuse me the footage have same aspect ratio no matter what resolution you select on youtube.
for whatever reason they've decided to do 4:3 aspect ratio (2592 x 1944 resolution), bigger numbers for marketing purposes at the expense of maximum sky and dashboard, maximum waste of encoding on useless material, strange choice but it's a Chinese company, sometimes the thinking is different

Reactions: EGS
Back