70mai doesn't use full SD card space

Pataniscas

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi all, my 70mai doesn't use the full space of the 16gb memory card. When I check SD card status in the app, it shows used space of about 3gb and the camera already looping. This means it records much less time than what it should, before starts looping again. So I get just a couple of days of history recordings.

Anyone else with these issues? Is the free SD card space reading from the app not correct?

guess its reserved for event recordings, mate

I have the same problem but I can only use 14GB of a 128GB, when the NORMAL folder reachs 500 archives it begins the loop recording. I'm trying to find a solution, but not found it yet.

Hi, I have tried with 3 128GB MicroSD Kingston and Sandisk brands, all with the same result, I have tried with 32GB also have the 500 archive limit.
Good to know... this means even if you put a bigger microSD the camera fill until a specific limit... I've to check mine... I've a 128GB sandisk with full resolution...

I think it might be because the camera has a time limit.

For example if you drive every day 2 or 3 hours, it will fill up the memory card, because the time limit is not reached.

But if you drive just 10mins every day, it will start to delete the older recordings. Because it's just 10min, you only fill a certain portion of space before it reaches the time limit and starts to delete the older recordings.

Don't know if that makes sense:)

Well... It could be but why inside the microSD information page you can spot the space left for event recording and so on if is time limited? I think that you're right with the first theory about the limit of 500 directories.. As soon as the camera will reach that limit will start to overwrite no matter if you plenty of space left on microsd...

Sorry for the double post but seems that the "issue" is even on mine... I've a 128GB microSD inside the camera and yesterday I've removed from the car in order to double check the effective space an so on (best to check on computer). The result is even if there's space the microSD is used for almost 64GB... the other space (even if I can see from the application there's space available for event / photo and normal recording) isn't used... So at least in my experience is useless to have a 128GB microSD inside the camera... reverting to 64GB and peace..

Having the same issues with memory space... 30GB usaable of a 64GB card
Do you have any idea how we can modify the recording resolution AND/OR the FPS (frames per second) in order to make the recorded files taking lesser space??

(meanwhile we can look for ways to increase that 500 videos limit; thus, having 500 smaller 3-minute videos seems better that 500 1-minute huge ones)

Do you have any idea how we can modify the recording resolution AND/OR the FPS (frames per second) in order to make the recorded files taking lesser space??

(meanwhile we can look for ways to increase that 500 videos limit; thus, having 500 smaller 3-minute videos seems better that 500 1-minute huge ones)

Guys I don't think there's a simple way to modify that limit... I mean... the 500 videos value is hard-coded inside the firmware..maybe we can ask to who is familiar with that (I'm quite sure there's here) to dig inside the firmware... as per my knowledge I don't know how to remove this "limit"

Hi, I have tried with 3 128GB MicroSD Kingston and Sandisk brands, all with the same result, I have tried with 32GB also have the 500 archive limit.

Guys I don't think there's a simple way to modify that limit... I mean... the 500 videos value is hard-coded inside the firmware..maybe we can ask to who is familiar with that (I'm quite sure there's here) to dig inside the firmware... as per my knowledge I don't know how to remove this "limit"
What is the firmware you are using?
Br

Back