70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

And please what should be the bin name? Or it does not matter? And maybe the voice commands could be also translated and back repacked? In youtube are some comments from Anatoliy,he will make tutorial soon. Sadly he did not translated the voice commands,maybe he has no interest in that or maybe it can't be done? Would be great if he could join this forum;-) But I'm already happy,the Chinese voice was terrible.

The file name should be SD_CarDV.bin. With the voice commands the situation is complicated because you can't do it by simply replacing the wave files. You need to have a piece of voice recognition software with dictionary for each language. In the cam there is only Chinese based on Alspeech. Of course you need a simplified version to recognize only few specific commands but still you need to pay for it.

In the Anatoliy version the voice recognition is not working.

Krawiec

Ok, so the job is done here thanks to Anatoliy or you think Krawiec,that the voice recognition is not hw related and with the firmware from the english cam we could even have the voice recognition? Of course if it uses same storage space and it's not locked somehow as you have mentioned before.

The key is to get the SD_CarDV.bin for the English version. If it will install on our cams they will have english voice recognition. Even if the software change is locked somehow on software layer there will be possibility to create a workaround.

Krawiec

Hello, i registered in this forum just to tell you that i have done this to my camera and it works, the firmware says that is the latest one and is working very well
( thanks from Portugal )

Hello, i registered in this forum just to tell you that i have done this to my camera and it works, the firmware says that is the latest one and is working very well
( thanks from Portugal )
Hello,you have done please exactly what? Installed the firmware from Anatoliy or you have pushed the firmware from English cam with English voice recognition to Chinese cam??

Hello, I just instaled the version provided by Anatoly, put it in a Fat32 formatted card, put it in the camera and puffff, everything is working in English

Hi Guys,

I have my hands on two 70mai Dash cams...
One is English, one is Chinese.

Is there any comparison or work I can do in order to figure out if the Chinese one will accept (or accept with modification) the English firmware?

Really like these cameras, just want an English voice if possible!

Hi Guys,

Not sure how to help me on my dashcam, I've tried to update with the english bin file and unfortunately, I'm unable to connect now to my cam using its built-in wifi. I tried to restore to the 1.0.3 chinese version but still no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fyi, I am using iphone to connect to my cam.

Thanks in advance

I also had a problem when updating Chinese version to newer firmware (also Chinese FW). I could not turn on the device.

I solved the problem by resetting device - there is hidden reset button, which you should hold for some time. Find detailed instructions in the manual.

I also had a problem when updating Chinese version to newer firmware (also Chinese FW). I could not turn on the device.

I solved the problem by resetting device - there is hidden reset button, which you should hold for some time. Find detailed instructions in the manual.

Yup, it worked! Thanks!

After download the test video in iphone 6..I really can't find the video but photo capture is o.k...Any advise from here

Its on your pictures on the iPhone folder, you are going to a folder that says 70 and some chineses characters

installation of the english voice files was super simple

download the SD_CarDV.bin on a microsd card in fat32 format
put card in device
it takes 30 seconds reboots and then on its in english

thanks a ton Anatoliy!

Hi guys, just registered in the forum and this is my first post. Really interested with this dash cam camera because of its discreet factor. I'm torn between this and the YI 1080P Dash Cam Full HD.
Can anybody confirm if the above procedure on how to convert the Chinese voice to English is actually working. Thanks in advance! :)

it works. but do observe that you will not be able to use voice commands anymore.
The reason why I returned this camera, was that even after this "MOD", you will still have no way to trigger an emergency recording. That is only able to be triggered by voice command (which does not work after updating it to english) or by the G-force sensor.

Any update on this? No one has the firmware of the english version with the english voice commands?

[QUOTE = "alcestneige, post: 401490, member: 47450"] ¿Alguna actualización sobre esto? Nadie tiene el firmware de la versión en inglés con los comandos de voz en inglés? [/ QUOTE]

From what I see I am translating into Russian for them in 4Pda.ru ....
It hurts that I can not download anything from 4pda.ru to try to modify the language, in my case it would be for Spain in Spanish ... he tried several times to register but pufff is very complicated with the Russian captchad and I have read manuals how to try it but even so I could not get it

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=846196&view=findpost&p=72439962

Greetings.

Back