70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Hello.
I make mistane. I was buy russian version on aliexpress.
I use this EN firmware 1.0.4. Everytning OK, but my telephone says no update. But lastest version is 1.0.6.
You have the Chinese version and firmware 1.0.4 last.
Use this firmware with English.
Good luck

Thx for reply.
I was try this EN firmware. And camera says no update and with this firmware camera talk very quietly.
But in my first camera (original EU version) is 1.0.6 now.
I search in my mobile folder and I found firmware file from last update 1.0.6.eu. Flashing work without problem and now is RU version absolutely match like EU.
I wrote it in my 2 post back.

Another kind soul have a working English version with English command on the China version of the drivecam? I have tried to install the 1.0.5eu/ 06eu version but it doesn't work.

I'm currently on 1.0.4 English version without the English voice command.

Last edited:
Hi guys!
Firmware for ENGLISH VERSION dash cam (international, with "70MAI" on board, not chenese)
with ENGLISH VOICE control and ENGLISH VOICE commands.

from Telegram:
View attachment 39332
Version 1.0.5 eu
Firmware: SD_CarDV.bin

Bin File Upgrade Process
Step1:Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
Step2: Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
Step3: Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
Step4: The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.
I cannot get it to work on my Chinese version of the drivecam. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

I cannot get it to work on my Chinese version of the drivecam. Any help would be great.

Cheers,
It wont work on Chinese version mate as there are hardware (ROM size) differences between both versions

I extracted sound files from original 1.0.6 eu firmware. Resampled them to fit to CN firmware and made 1.0.4 CN firmware which talks the same as the original english version camera. Flashed to my cn cam, works perfectly. I have also an original english cam, if I connect them to the same power source, they talk in a perfect choir! :cool:
Uploaded here. (link updated)

Thanks to lisabon_Q3 for the files and tools!

Last edited:
I extracted sound files from original 1.0.6 eu firmware. Resampled them to fit to CN firmware and made 1.0.4 CN firmware which talks the same as the original english version camera. Flashed to my cn cam, works perfectly. I have also an original english cam, if I connect them to the same power source, they talk in a perfect choir! :cool:
Uploaded here.
Thanks to lisabon_Q3 for the files and tools!

Great job!
Only I have one question: where did you get the file apk_003.wav? It is missing in firmware 1.0.6 int. What instruction did you use in reworking the firmware? From the site 4pda?

Has anyone managed to get their camera to connect to an existing wifi network rather than the broadcast it's own 70mai_ one?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Great job!
Only I have one question: where did you get the file apk_003.wav? It is missing in firmware 1.0.6 int. What instruction did you use in reworking the firmware? From the site 4pda?
I assembled apk_003 from apk_002 and apk_tf_format_fail. Of course instructions and files are from your 4pda post.

Accidentally found some file system signatures in the bin file. I see config files on part2. They are probably common for all of their cameras, some settings are not fit for this dashcam (eg. lcd, hdmi, led flash, ldws, ... settings). But there are interesting things, like contrast, saturation, sharpness, gamma, EV, burst photo, some wifi ap and station configs, mjpeg/rtsp streaming, custom www pages from sdcard, etc.
Maybe I will start playing with them. Does your sdbin tool calculates checksum for part1 only, or the full firmware bin? If full bin, then we can play with those settings, sign bin, and flash that customized firmware to try effective options.

I assembled apk_003 from apk_002 and apk_tf_format_fail. Of course instructions and files are from your 4pda post.

Accidentally found some file system signatures in the bin file. I see config files on part2. They are probably common for all of their cameras, some settings are not fit for this dashcam (eg. lcd, hdmi, led flash, ldws, ... settings). But there are interesting things, like contrast, saturation, sharpness, gamma, EV, burst photo, some wifi ap and station configs, mjpeg/rtsp streaming, custom www pages from sdcard, etc.
Maybe I will start playing with them. Does your sdbin tool calculates checksum for part1 only, or the full firmware bin? If full bin, then we can play with those settings, sign bin, and flash that customized firmware to try effective options.
If you can figure out how to connect to a different wireless AP that would be awesome. I can see the options on the config page but changes don't seem to stay.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Does your sdbin tool calculates checksum for part1 only, or the full firmware bin?
sdbin.exe utility calculates md5 of all firmware and writes to header in the first 32 bytes

I created 1.0.5 version with resampled originals. I will name them "en4cn" to prevent confusion. Download moved to Yadisk, i have more storage space there. Uploaded also previous version and resampled wav files, feel free to use them. I saw new audio, tried to do my best. Created apk_bat_err.wav and also english apk_test_passed.wav which was chinese in factory 1.0.6eu firmware.
Firmware checked with my own CN camera, it works. Download here or here.

Last edited:
I created 1.0.5 version with resampled originals. I will name them "en4cn" to prevent confusion. Download moved to Yadisk, i have more storage space there. Uploaded also previous version and resampled wav files, feel free to use them. I saw new audio, tried to do my best. Created apk_bat_err.wav and also english apk_test_passed.wav which was chinese in factory 1.0.6eu firmware.

Thank you.

Thank you. It works. I updated my chinese 70mai running ver 1.03 to 1.05en4cn and now I have english voice notification. Voice commands are still in chinese though which I don't have problem saying.
And for those who are interested, here are the chinese commands:-

1. wo yao pai zhao(我要拍照)I want to take photo
2. wo yao lu xiang(我要录像) I want to take video
3. da kai lu yin(打开录音) Turn on voice recording
4. guan bi lu yin(关闭录音) Turn off voice recording
5. da kai re dian(打开热点)Turn on hotspot
6. guan bi re dian(关闭热点) Turn off hotspot

Download this: SD_CarDV_1.0.4_ENG.zip (Google Disk)
1.Unpack files.
2.Copy SD_CarDV.bin to a root of micro SD card.
3.Put the micro SD card in Xiaomi 70 mai dash cam.
4.Connect the device to external power supply and switch it on.
5.The device will start blinking with a blue light.
6.After a successful firmware update the device will say something and turn the blue LED off.

Worked like a charm, thanks for sharing!

I have two 70mai-s, a CN and an EN version. I use CN as a daily driver, because EN version randomly switches options while I listen radio. Mostly switches sound recording, but sometimes switches wifi hotspot and takes photo. :confused:
It is very annoying, if it turns on wifi, my phone connects to it and terminate internet connection. So I use CN version, which doesn't react to the radio. Voice commands are ok for me, just I can not take photo, can't recognize command with my voice (我要拍照 ), all other commands ok. :) And with google translate when its tts sound says 我要拍照 , camera takes a photo.

I updated my cn 70mai to 1.05en4cn and the english notification audio is rather soft although volume is set to max in the app. With music playing in the background, it almost cannot be heard at all. Is there a way to make it louder?

I updated my cn 70mai to 1.05en4cn and the english notification audio is rather soft although volume is set to max in the app. With music playing in the background, it almost cannot be heard at all. Is there a way to make it louder?
CN version has less then half the space for sound files than EN version, so we have to decrease sound quality to fit to that space.
I have created a new variant like member Nexter suggested in PM. It has 8bit 16kHz sounds instead of 16bit 8Khz, and it sounds better, and file sizes are almost the same. Also increased volume to a level that no clipping will occur. Link is the same, there is a new file SD_CarDV_1.0.5_16k_en4cn.zip with updated sound files.
Please refer if it is better, because I will keep this new format for future versions in that case.

Back