70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Voices are in the downloaded firmware. No matter what is on camera, update will replace them. So if you install firmware with english voices then it will be english.

Last edited:
CN version has less then half the space for sound files than EN version, so we have to decrease sound quality to fit to that space.
I have created a new variant like member Nexter suggested in PM. It has 8bit 16kHz sounds instead of 16bit 8Khz, and it sounds better, and file sizes are almost the same. Also increased volume to a level that no clipping will occur. Link is the same, there is a new file SD_CarDV_1.0.5_16k_en4cn.zip with updated sound files.
Please refer if it is better, because I will keep this new format for future versions in that case.
CN version has less then half the space for sound files than EN version, so we have to decrease sound quality to fit to that space.
I have created a new variant like member Nexter suggested in PM. It has 8bit 16kHz sounds instead of 16bit 8Khz, and it sounds better, and file sizes are almost the same. Also increased volume to a level that no clipping will occur. Link is the same, there is a new file SD_CarDV_1.0.5_16k_en4cn.zip with updated sound files.
Please refer if it is better, because I will keep this new format for future versions in that case.

Thanks. The voice volume is certainly louder now. However still need some tweaks to increase clarity. Maybe higher pitch voice.

Thanks. The voice volume is certainly louder now. However still need some tweaks to increase clarity. Maybe higher pitch voice.
These are factory sounds from original EN firmware. But those files were nearly double the size which fits to CN firmware. Had to decrease quality to reduce file sizes. If you want factory sounds then this is your firmware. Otherwise try lisabon_Q3 version, that is with different tts voice. Or you can make own version with own sounds, instructions linked in post #81.
One addition, you can also make 16000 Hz, 8 bit unsigned PCM, 1 channel wav which is also 128Kbps, more understandable, and camera plays that format as well.
Space for ALL the wavs is little more than 1.5MB. In CN firmware 1.0.5 partition 1 is little bigger, it ends at 0x748fff instead of 0x72fff, that is 102400 bytes more, nearly 1.7MB, so it has few seconds more space for speech than previous versions.

And for those who are interested, here are the chinese commands:-

1. wo yao pai zhao(我要拍照)I want to take photo
Finally I can take photo with CN camera! Found lisabon_Q3's post at 4pda about sound commands. And if I say command like he wrote: "Во й(е|я) п(х)айячао" it takes photo! Previously I said like "п(х)айчао" but that extra "я" really helped!
Me HaPpY :whistle:

These are factory sounds from original EN firmware. But those files were nearly double the size which fits to CN firmware. Had to decrease quality to reduce file sizes. If you want factory sounds then this is your firmware. Otherwise try lisabon_Q3 version, that is with different tts voice. Or you can make own version with own sounds, instructions linked in post #81.
One addition, you can also make 16000 Hz, 8 bit unsigned PCM, 1 channel wav which is also 128Kbps, more understandable, and camera plays that format as well.
Space for ALL the wavs is little more than 1.5MB. In CN firmware 1.0.5 partition 1 is little bigger, it ends at 0x748fff instead of 0x72fff, that is 102400 bytes more, nearly 1.7MB, so it has few seconds more space for speech than previous versions.
Thanks a lot for your help and guidance. My new english 70mai unit arrived today and the voice is less loud when compares to chinese voice. The english voice has lower tone whereas the chinese voice has higher tone and more clarity. Maybe it is the way chinese words are pronounced and stressed that sound so clear to my ears. Anyways, english or chinese voice doesn't really pose any big problem operating and using the dashcam.

I have a problem with my Chinese 70Mai: after installing @lisabon_Q3 firmware (FW 1.0.4 CNtoEN & 1.0.5 CNtoEN) i have no sound on my movies. I also activated sound recording using command "3. da kai lu yin(打开录音) Turn on voice recording ", but recorded movies still have no sound. Can someone post a screenshot with proper settings in 70Mai Dashcam app? I am thinking to revert to original CN 1.0.3 firmware

Hi all,
I have by mistake bought a 70mai Chinese version and have updated the firmware to the English version 1.0.4. Everything works in English except that the voice commands do not work. I get no response when I speak the commands. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thanks for any advice..

As far as im aware, there's no way to get English voice commands on Chinese version, all what you can get are English announcements.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

NEW FIRMWARE for Chinese Version (CN)
[with English voice acting and voice control in Chinese]
v.1.0.6

Screenshot_2018-11-19-13-29-19-030_com.banyac.midrive.app.png
Сhangelog:
  • 优化记录仪G-sensor算法 (Optimized recorder G-sensor algorithm)
  • 增加记录仪设置项升级保存功能 (Increase the recorder settings to save the save function)
  • 解决部分车型打火记录仪开机亮红灯问题 (Solve the problem that some models of the fire recorder turn on the red light)
SD_CarDV_1.0.6(CN)_ENG.zip (updated)

Last edited:
NEW FIRMWARE for Chinese Version (CN)
[with English voice acting and voice control in Chinese]
v.1.0.6

View attachment 43118
Сhangelog:
  • 优化记录仪G-sensor算法 (Optimized recorder G-sensor algorithm)
  • 增加记录仪设置项升级保存功能 (Increase the recorder settings to save the save function)
  • 解决部分车型打火记录仪开机亮红灯问题 (Solve the problem that some models of the fire recorder turn on the red light)
SD_CarDV_1.0.6(CN)_ENG.zip
Thanks for this. I successfully updated my CN version to this. Though, I found an oddity. After the event recording, it says "microphone is off" instead of "event recording finished/done".

I'm fine with the non-english voice control. I only need to tap a bit roughly the dashcam to start the event recording.

Thanks for this. I successfully updated my CN version to this. Though, I found an oddity. After the event recording, it says "microphone is off" instead of "event recording finished/done".

I'm fine with the non-english voice control. I only need to tap a bit roughly the dashcam to start the event recording.

Thank you, indeed, the “end of emergency recording” voice file was a copy of the “microphone off” voice file. The same was in version 1.0.5 :) Now everything should be right. Updated the file in this post.

Pls download again:
SD_CarDV_1.0.6(CN)_ENG.zip

i am not sure if this is correct topic for my issue. i have global version of 70mai and sound recording stops after a while by itself. I searched forum wide and found some other users mentioned same problem but no one typed solution. Does anybody has solution for this? fw 1.0.5

Best Regards,

i am not sure if this is correct topic for my issue. i have global version of 70mai and sound recording stops after a while by itself. I searched forum wide and found some other users mentioned same problem but no one typed solution. Does anybody has solution for this? fw 1.0.5

Best Regards,
Does your sound recording turn off while the DVR is running? Try to disable voice control in the settings through the application.

Hi, i'm not able to update my dashcam. I've the 70MAI PRO. Are we talking about the same cam?

View attachment 43393
I put the firmware in SD-Card root folder, plugged in the usb-cable and put the device on. No Update.
No, this is the topic of the 70mai smart recorder:
1007884752.g_0-w_g.jpg
the firmware from it will not work for you

Bricked my CN 70mai during firmware flash. I had not enough time to bother with it, but now desoldered flash chip, reflashed with flash file from telegram, and camera living again. :)
So, tried my 1.0.6 en4cn version, and it is working, so uploaded to my drives.
1.0.6 en4cn version with sounds from original EN firmware (resampled to 8 bit 16kHz):
Яндекс GDrive

hello.
Can I turn off voice recognition?(voice control)
Korean songs sometimes turn off the sound recording function. ...t.t

firmware : EN version 1.0.5ww
Thanks.

hello.
Can I turn off voice recognition?(voice control)
Korean songs sometimes turn off the sound recording function. ...t.t

firmware : EN version 1.0.5ww
Thanks.
So does hungarian songs.:)
Upgrade to 1.0.6ww and you can turn off voice recognition.
But my EN camera also switches wifi and take photos randomly. So I like my CN camera better, it works as intended, and i can control it with chinese commands.

I upgraded my 70mai dashcam Chinese version to English announcements firmware 1.04 without any problems. As the next step I wanted to upgrade to 1.06 yesterday. The process ended with an (English) announcement that the upgrade was successful. But after restarting the dashcam it was absolutely dead - no response, no lights, no possibility for another fw. (Cable/Charger is OK - tested). I tried reset. Nothing changed. Please any advice/help.

Back