70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

If the card is worn you should but another one. I don't think you can do anything else about it.
I have already placed new SD card, but still have such problem. I google search this issue and seem like it's a common issue.

I have already placed new SD card, but still have such problem. I google search this issue and seem like it's a common issue.

Have you tried resetting the device and formating the card? Maybe update it too.

Btw, on 1.0.7 the hotspot is open on startup by default and the led flashes all the time, I don't want to click it every time I start the car. Any idea?

Have you tried resetting the device and formating the card? Maybe update it too.

Btw, on 1.0.7 the hotspot is open on startup by default and the led flashes all the time, I don't want to click it every time I start the car. Any idea?
There is a toggle for 'wifi on startup', just turn it off in settings.

FIRMWARE for Chinese Version (CN)
[with English voice acting and English voice control]
v.1.0.7 eu

View attachment 44147

Take picture
  • Record video
  • Record without sound
  • Record with sound
  • Turn off Wi-Fi
  • Turn on Wi-Fi

1. Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
  2. Download the file named SD_CardDV.bin to the root directory of TF card.
  3. Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
  4. The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.

SD_CarDV_1.0.7_(for CN version)_ENG VOICE AND CONTROL.zip
No “Update succeeded” prompt updating from Chinese 1.0 zero, but it worked.

I installed it v 1.06 and works great, but the command of take picture is badly recognized (3/10)

it's more to my poor English accent, because when I play the sound with google translate each time I make a photo.

I do not know if the others have a similar problem to which English is not a native speech?

I do not know what the exact difference is between v1.06 and v1.07, but I think it would be much better to recognise when using word: photo instead of picture

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi,

I would appreciate your help on updating the firmware. Currently my version is 1.0.4na and i have no clue whether it's a chinese version. All menu is in English but no voice command is recognised.

Thanks for your advice.

:)

Welcome to DCT @ithakiman :)
Interested in knowing how this cam does in the heat there, which I'm given to understand has been worse than usual this year :(

Phil

That was the same for me. 1.0.4 -> 1.0.6, she said it was succesful. Disconnected, and nothing. Finally had to desolder the flash chip, and direct flashed with a recovery flash file. It recovered with 1.0.4cn, upgraded to 1.0.6 and all went good, using it now.
Hi. I bricked mine. Friend of mine has a USB EEPROM Programmer. What file did you use as a recovery file? Can you share please?

Hi. I bricked mine. Friend of mine has a USB EEPROM Programmer. What file did you use as a recovery file? Can you share please?
Just cut first 32 bytes from factory sdcardv.bin file with a hex editor (eg. HxD). It should start with MCR2 instead of AITS. Flash that to eeprom.

Just cut first 32 bytes from factory sdcardv.bin file with a hex editor (eg. HxD). It should start with MCR2 instead of AITS. Flash that to eeprom.
Thank you.

Is there any way to place in a future firmware update a feature, if you press the power button it saves the film ?

hi everyone
it's my first time trying to update but i am not sure how to do it?
can someone please help
what is the "root directory of TF card"?

Insert the SD card into the computer's built-in slot or into the card reader. A new icon will open, displaying the SD card.
Click on this icon, the opened window is the "root directory of TF/ SD card". Copy the firmware file there.

Insert the SD card into the computer's built-in slot or into the card reader. A new icon will open, displaying the SD card.
Click on this icon, the opened window is the "root directory of TF/ SD card". Copy the firmware file there.

thenks,
do i need to erase all the data and folders or jest copy the file to the sd?

Yes, first erase all files and folders, and it’s best to format the card

You dont need erase all data and folders! Just copy fw to root SD card.

Back