70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Does it work in the Russian version?
No, this is for the Chinese version. You need firmware for the international version.

Last edited:
Firmware for Midrive D06 is currently unavailable.
I need the original firmware. Stay tuned frequently for upgrades to Midrive D06. If available, the firmware will be downloaded to the phone.
Then I can help you.
Thanks you so much! I am interested at this firmware too.

Thanks you so much! I am interested at this firmware too.
what version do you have 1s? What language is the voice acting in?

I need English firmware for D06 too.
i have Chinese voice now.
ok;)

FIRMWARE for MIDRIVE_D06
[with English voice acting]

v0.0.25cn

1. Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
  2. Download the file named FW_DR0008.bin to the root directory of TF card.
  3. Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
  4. The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.
0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06

ok;)

FIRMWARE for MIDRIVE_D06
[with English voice acting]

v0.0.25cn

1. Take out TF card and insert it to your computer (or using a USB converter to connect computer).
  2. Download the file named FW_DR0008.bin to the root directory of TF card.
  3. Insert the TF card and keep the power cable is charging.
  4. The device will automatically upgrade. DO NOT discharge until the voice prompt “Update succeeded” is over.
0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06

Wow thank you so much! Just did an upgrade and it works fine, except that it is still acting on Chinese command. Mine version was 1.0.0.

I need Chinese firmware for D06
I want to go back to the previous version
please~

Hi
I just got my 70mai smart dash cam CHINESE. Gone through this conversation but could not download the firmware.

Some one please give me the link or URL from where I could down load latest firmware to change from Chinese to English the simplest way.

Thanks for your help.

Wow thank you so much! Just did an upgrade and it works fine, except that it is still acting on Chinese command. Mine version was 1.0.0.

Thanks, voice is English now but it is not reacting to English commands. (dont know to speak Chinese)

Thanks, voice is English now but it is not reacting to English commands. (dont know to speak Chinese)
Maybe you should improve your English accent. The only commands that the system reacts are;

1. Take picture
2. Record video (30 seconds video)
3. Record video with sound (30 seconds video)
4. Turn on wifi
5. Turn off wifi

Hi
I just got my 70mai smart dash cam CHINESE. Gone through this conversation but could not download the firmware.

Some one please give me the link or URL from where I could down load latest firmware to change from Chinese to English the simplest way.

Thanks for your help.

By the way the unit is

70mai smart dash cam

70mai_D01_9614

Again for ensure (not to brick the camera) - Now I have D06 international version cam (70Mai 1s, not CN) and I'm about to put your firmware into - is it OK ?
THX in advance ;)
Yes of course. On the international version (ww), you can install Chinese firmware (cn). But the Chinese will not be able to install international firmware. International firmware takes more megabytes than Chinese.

Yes of course. On the international version (ww), you can install Chinese firmware (cn). But the Chinese will not be able to install international firmware. International firmware takes more megabytes than Chinese.

So, than what is a difference between original international firmware and this one: 0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06 ?
My problem is that I'am not satisfied with original english messages (I mean - speach). Das your mod have any differences in this matter ?
Does it have a sence to replace this fw ?

P/S Anyway I am not using english commands in mine 1s.

Last edited:
So, than what is a difference between original international firmware and this one: 0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06 ?
CN firmware - 7,96 Mb (1 lang. - Chinese)
WW firmware - 14, 5 Mb (4 lang. - Eng, Jap, Korea, Rus)

I extracted the English WAV files from the WW firmware and inserted it into the CN firmware.
I did this for users of the Chinese version of 1S. But this firmware will also be installed on the international version because it has a smaller size in megabytes.

The sounds will be the same as in the international firmware if you flash the CN firmware (0.0.25cn_EN) with English voice acting.

Volume Mute is not working on 70mai 1S

I just got new 70mai 1S (Midrive D06) Firmware 1.0.1.ww

Volume Mute is not working anymore:
http://192.72.1.1/cgi-bin/Config.cgi?action=set&property=Camera.Menu.ApkGetVol&value=VOL0
When you open this link in your browser, you get "0 OK" (just like the old Midrive D01), but the camera is still talking and beeping.

I also tried changing options in usercfg.txt and useset.bin in SD card root folder but without success.

Is there an updated version to turn the volume down on 70mai 1S.
Thank you

Last edited:
Maybe you should improve your English accent. The only commands that the system reacts are;

1. Take picture
2. Record video (30 seconds video)
3. Record video with sound (30 seconds video)
4. Turn on wifi
5. Turn off wifi
Don't think it is accent, it is still acting to Chinese commands. I am referring to the 0.0.25cn_EN_for_MIDRIVE_D06 firmware for 70mai 1S (Midrive D06). Any idea?

Back