70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Correct. Dont have android to test. But isnt it strange that it wont work out of nowhere?.
Even my windows or mac machines wont find the hotspot
Can you record your problem on video? Show how the green indicator works and the list of your networks in your smartphone.

Can you record your problem on video? Show how the green indicator works and the list of your networks in your smartphone.

Don't mind the stupid filming but it's now on 1.04 firmware so the voice is a bit different.

I tried it for several hours, with laptop, macbook, 2 different iphones. None can find its wifi.

Yes, you are doing everything right, but I have no idea how to help you. I found several problems with Russian-speaking users, all of them were solved only by replacing the DVR under warranty (

"For those who do not have Wi-fi hotspot

So the story with my "blind" wi-fi registrar ended.
The essence of the problem was that the registrar did not "raise" the access point, most likely due to a technical malfunction. The 70mai_d01 _ **** access point was not visible in the list of available wi-fi networks.
I contacted the manufacturer on Facebook and they confirmed that there was a problem. They asked where I got the registrar, order number and promised to contact the seller for re-sending within a week. Important: the registrar must be purchased through the "official sales channel" (you must understand, a large store on Aliexpress, etc., selling MI goods).
The seller (I gave him various options) offered me a refund for the product (without sending it back). The only thing, he asked to change the reason for the dispute, so as not to spoil the store's reputation. I changed it to "Personal motives - I no longer need this product." The seller agreed to the dispute - the money is "in transit."

If the warranty for 1 year has already passed, then there is a solution to replace the wi-fi module:
"The problem with non-working wi fi recorders has been resolved.
Symptoms: (70 mai didn't hand out the hotspot)
Replaced the wi fi module. Everything worked.

Cat. Wi fi module number: RTL8189FTV"

https://aliexpress.com/item/32918713148.html

Attachments

• IMG_20191209_213803.jpg
    IMG_20191209_213803.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20200110_151844.jpg
    IMG_20200110_151844.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 43
Yes, you are doing everything right, but I have no idea how to help you. I found several problems with Russian-speaking users, all of them were solved only by replacing the DVR under warranty (

"For those who do not have Wi-fi hotspot

So the story with my "blind" wi-fi registrar ended.
The essence of the problem was that the registrar did not "raise" the access point, most likely due to a technical malfunction. The 70mai_d01 _ **** access point was not visible in the list of available wi-fi networks.
I contacted the manufacturer on Facebook and they confirmed that there was a problem. They asked where I got the registrar, order number and promised to contact the seller for re-sending within a week. Important: the registrar must be purchased through the "official sales channel" (you must understand, a large store on Aliexpress, etc., selling MI goods).
The seller (I gave him various options) offered me a refund for the product (without sending it back). The only thing, he asked to change the reason for the dispute, so as not to spoil the store's reputation. I changed it to "Personal motives - I no longer need this product." The seller agreed to the dispute - the money is "in transit."

If the warranty for 1 year has already passed, then there is a solution to replace the wi-fi module:
"The problem with non-working wi fi recorders has been resolved.
Symptoms: (70 mai didn't hand out the hotspot)
Replaced the wi fi module. Everything worked.

Cat. Wi fi module number: RTL8189FTV"

https://aliexpress.com/item/32918713148.html

Thanx,

Good information. I really appreciate your helping hand.
The warranty has passed for more then a year.

i already ordered a pro version. Will open up this one and will replace the wifi module just for fun to see if it works.
And if it is too hard, I'll throw it away. such a waste.

Hi all,

My dash cam battery seems dead. When I turn it on in the car is working about few seconds, the LED indicator is flashing red and it turned off. It's interesting, that the cam is working on external batter charger.
I want only to replace the battery - if possible, but I really am not sure how to open it, without braking anything. I tried to search something in the net, but nothing appears.

Could some one advise me, or have any experience with the opening? Will be appreciated a lot!
@lisabon_Q3 I see on your pictures the cam is already open. Any suggestions?

Thnak you in advance!

@lisabon_Q3 Thanks for the amazing fast response. On the video seems like the battery is not so popular one. I could be wrong. Do you know if it could be found easily as a spare part?

I can't even tell you. Better look at your local radio parts store. Choose by size.

Hi Guys,

I'm new of this forum and I need your help.
I have a 2017 Chinese version d01 dash cam. with the first posts of this topic I've successfully changed the vocal voice to English first and then muted it.
Now I'm stuck to 1.0.3 fw version. how can I update it?
the app doesn't recognize any new version.
Can I download it from anywhere and force it?

Thank you

After and made the update from the application remained the green led on and no longer responds to anything no reset does not respond to any command only the green led on
@lisabon_Q3 : could you help me? Do you have original chinese firmware of D06?

Hi Guys,

I'm new of this forum and I need your help.
I have a 2017 Chinese version d01 dash cam. with the first posts of this topic I've successfully changed the vocal voice to English first and then muted it.
Now I'm stuck to 1.0.3 fw version. how can I update it?
the app doesn't recognize any new version.
Can I download it from anywhere and force it?

Thank you
hi,
any help for me?

Thanks
Dario

I just joined to say thanks to the forum and especially @lisabon_Q3 for this firmware which is running great on my MiDrive D01 CN device with English prompts and voice actions:

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Hi all, I found firmware for D06 english version of firmware for CN hardware thanks to @lisabon_Q3
But file is no more available on G Drive.
Has there been some problem with this version ?
I currently have D06 with 1.0.5 CN version and would be happy to make this cam speaks EN ;)

Hi all, I found firmware for D06 english version of firmware for CN hardware thanks to @lisabon_Q3
But file is no more available on G Drive.
Has there been some problem with this version ?
I currently have D06 with 1.0.5 CN version and would be happy to make this cam speaks EN ;)

Why don't you use the latest - 1.0.8eu (English commands and prompts for MiDrive D01 Chinese hardware)?

Back