70mai Firmware Update (changing from Chinese to English)

Hi, use this version:
Set the "English" language in the settings. If you set another language (rus, jap, korea), then the registrar will work, will not be silent. Use this information if you need a "silent mode".

This firmware turns the Chinese version into an international one. It is based on the new international firmware 1.0.9ww. After the firmware, use only the international application 70mai. In the app, in the settings, you will see the version number 9.9.9. This is normal. I did this on purpose so that the application would not find a new version of the international firmware and install it on the Chinese version. But I think the 1.0.9ww firmware is the latest.
Good luck to you. Write me if everything works out for you.

P.S. For everyone. This firmware is only for 1S (D06) for the Chinese version of the device. Not compatible for D01.

1.Format the memory card with the DVR (insert the card into the recorder - turn it on - format it (press the button 3 times) - recording will start - turn off the recorder - pull out the memory card)
2.Unzip the firmware file FW_DR0008.bin from the archive
3. Copy the FW_DR0008 file.bin to the root of the microSD memory card.
4. Insert the memory card into the DVR.
Connect the device to an external power source. (not from USB, use a native memory or compatible with a current of at least 1.5 A)
5. The device will turn on and start flashing blue (the firmware process has started)
6. After a successful firmware update, the device will say something (it may not say, this is normal) and turn off (the blue LED will go out)
Turn on the device by pressing the button 1 time.

Thanks Lisabon! This works like a charm.

International apps on iphone now works.
English voice command now works.
App notice sound now in english.

Thanks a lot,
You are a genius!

Hi, use this version:
Set the "English" language in the settings. If you set another language (rus, jap, korea), then the registrar will work, will not be silent. Use this information if you need a "silent mode".

This firmware turns the Chinese version into an international one. It is based on the new international firmware 1.0.9ww. After the firmware, use only the international application 70mai. In the app, in the settings, you will see the version number 9.9.9. This is normal. I did this on purpose so that the application would not find a new version of the international firmware and install it on the Chinese version. But I think the 1.0.9ww firmware is the latest.
Good luck to you. Write me if everything works out for you.

P.S. For everyone. This firmware is only for 1S (D06) for the Chinese version of the device. Not compatible for D01.

1.Format the memory card with the DVR (insert the card into the recorder - turn it on - format it (press the button 3 times) - recording will start - turn off the recorder - pull out the memory card)
2.Unzip the firmware file FW_DR0008.bin from the archive
3. Copy the FW_DR0008 file.bin to the root of the microSD memory card.
4. Insert the memory card into the DVR.
Connect the device to an external power source. (not from USB, use a native memory or compatible with a current of at least 1.5 A)
5. The device will turn on and start flashing blue (the firmware process has started)
6. After a successful firmware update, the device will say something (it may not say, this is normal) and turn off (the blue LED will go out)
Turn on the device by pressing the button 1 time.

Hello!

I did everything as you wrote, the LED flashes red after the update. I put the 1.0.5 Chinese software back.
My dashcam: Xiaomi MiDrive 1S (D06) Chinese.

hi @lisabon_Q3
thanks for your work.
i bougth d06 version with chinesse voice then i successfully upgraded to this version

but when i want flash 109ww_for_CN_ver_ENG, i got same problem (the led flashes red)

Last edited:
the LED flashes red after the update
but when i want flash 109ww_for_CN_ver_ENG, i got same problem (the led flashes red)
Hi guys. Let's figure it out. Write in detail when you see a red diode and what does it say in a voice at this moment?
That is, you copied the firmware to the memory card, inserted it into the DVR and immediately red? or first blue (firmware is running), then red after switching on. More details, please. Record a video if possible... I don't have this device, I do everything blindly.
Remember the rule, the card is better less than 32GB and only FAT32. No exFAT and NTFS.. Flash from a good power source with a current of at least 2A. Do not flash to the computer's USB.

1. Firmware update blue led.
2. Camera off, successful flash...
3. Camera on, power button led RED.

and does not respond to anything.1.0.4 Chinese English version works!

Hi guys. Let's figure it out. Write in detail when you see a red diode and what does it say in a voice at this moment?
That is, you copied the firmware to the memory card, inserted it into the DVR and immediately red? or first blue (firmware is running), then red after switching on. More details, please. Record a video if possible... I don't have this device, I do everything blindly.
Remember the rule, the card is better less than 32GB and only FAT32. No exFAT and NTFS.. Flash from a good power source with a current of at least 2A. Do not flash to the computer's USB.
Bro the latest firmware is 1.0.11 can you make in spanish please??

Hi @lisabon_Q3 thanks for all the firmwares you provided for MIDRIVE D01. Could you provide this last changed firmware (without on/off/record sound) also for the chinese version of MIDRIVE D01?
I also have another question: you've made in the past a tutorial on how to change the WAV files inside the firmware, can you also explain how did you change the voice recognition on the chinese version? I would like to try something... :)
Thanks again for everything!

Hi @lisabon_Q3 thanks for all the firmwares you provided for MIDRIVE D01. Could you provide this last changed firmware (without on/off/record sound) also for the chinese version of MIDRIVE D01?
I also have another question: you've made in the past a tutorial on how to change the WAV files inside the firmware, can you also explain how did you change the voice recognition on the chinese version? I would like to try something... :)
Thanks again for everything!
Hello
About voice control.. I just cut the size of the international firmware to the size of the Chinese version. I didn't change it. This is voice control from the international version.

Hello
About voice control.. I just cut the size of the international firmware to the size of the Chinese version. I didn't change it. This is voice control from the international version.
Hi @lisabon_Q3, thanks for the firmware.
So you only cut the firmware at the end and calculate the new hash? How do we know that we are not cutting information from other files in the firmware?
Thanks again for all your work! :)

So you only cut the firmware at the end and calculate the new hash? How do we know that we are not cutting information from other files in the firmware?
The EU firmware version is taken and we copy the code up to the first STORAGE partition (FAT) into the Chinese firmware with the STORAGE_INDEX_TABLE pass (the first 200h not including the header)

The EU firmware version is taken and we copy the code up to the first STORAGE partition (FAT) into the Chinese firmware with the STORAGE_INDEX_TABLE pass (the first 200h not including the header)
Hi lisabon, I have a problem with my dashcam 70mai D06, I hope you can help me out. I wanted to change chinese voices to english and I think I installed a wrong chinese firmware so my Dashcam is not available from my android app, it says it's chinese and I need to send it back to the seller; the weird thing is it was working OK before I tried to install this other firmware, it shows only a purple LED after a longer english message. Is there any way to revert the firmware to make it visible for the international Android app? I don't care if it'sin chinese again, I only need it to keep recording and available in the app. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Hi lisabon, I have a problem with my dashcam 70mai D06, I hope you can help me out. I wanted to change chinese voices to english and I think I installed a wrong chinese firmware so my Dashcam is not available from my android app, it says it's chinese and I need to send it back to the seller; the weird thing is it was working OK before I tried to install this other firmware, it shows only a purple LED after a longer english message. Is there any way to revert the firmware to make it visible for the international Android app? I don't care if it'sin chinese again, I only need it to keep recording and available in the app. Thanks in advance for your help!!!
The message it shows is this: "Connection failed, this device is not supported in the region, please contact seller to replace."

Do you have the Chinese version of D06? Show a photo of the sticker.
Now the app from the market sees that you have the Chinese version and will not work with it. You need to install a Chinese app.

Install this app for China:

1. Launch
  2. Update the app to version 3.0.0.
  3. You need to register again. (click the Register button and register by email).
  4. Add your D06

Hey Lisabon, thanks for your reply. Here's a photo of the sticker. I'll follow your instructions and report back. Greetings!

Attachments

• 70mai_sticker-BP.jpg
    70mai_sticker-BP.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 15
UPDATE: I've tried to register by e-mail but never received the security code, any ideas about how to proceed? Thanks

hi@lisabon_Q3 I have an M300 Chinese version. Can I change it into Thai through the language firmware?

@lisabon_Q3 I see this version is for only production date before 04.2022. . My product was manufactured 05.2022. I tried this firmware but my product was bricked :( How can i unbrick my product? Do you have any firmware for production date after 05.2022?

1660018871415.png

please help, thanks in advance. I suppose my dashcam is bricked too

Back