70mai Hardwire Kit UP02: wiring ACC with VCC together to single Lighter/Power Outlet fuse

albioza

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I wonder if I could connect VCC and ACC (red and yellow) cord of 70mai HW kit to single Lighter fuse (using piggy back adapter)
I don't want parking surveillance mode and also do not want to power my dashcam when ignition is off due very sporadic car usage (my lighter socket is powered only when ignition is on).
Will this result in having camera recording only when car is running? Connecting VCC + ACC to single fuse won't harm hardwire kit or it's controller? (aka 'is it safe to do so?')

I wonder if I could connect VCC and ACC (red and yellow) cord of 70mai HW kit to single Lighter fuse (using piggy back adapter)
I don't want parking surveillance mode and also do not want to power my dashcam when ignition is off due very sporadic car usage (my lighter socket is powered only when ignition is on).
Will this result in having camera recording only when car is running? Connecting VCC + ACC to single fuse won't harm hardwire kit or it's controller? (aka 'is it safe to do so?')
Greetings!! Glad that someone else in the globe looking for the same answer. If I get a solution I will post it, kindly do the same. Meanwhile I checked disconnecting the Vcc (Always ON) fuse tap and keeping Acc fuse tap connected to the lighter/power outlet fuse (ON while ignition key is on). But the dash cam won't start at all.
Now, given that the same 12V car battery is the single power source, there shouldn't be any danger connecting both Acc and Vcc wires from the 70mai Hardwire kit to the same power outlet fuse. I will try doing so myself but before really doing it I am looking hard for someone who has already done it Or someone who can enlighten me to not to do so. Furthermore, I wish to add a two way switch so that I can toggle the Vcc connection from hardwire kit between AlwaysON and IngitionKeyON fuse. Doing this way, if I desire to keep the parking surveillance ON at some point of time I can do it, But most of the time keep the parking surveillance off. Please share your findings.

Back