70Mai pro or viofo A119 or viofo A119S

tng_tng

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am thinking to buy my first dash cam. I am narrow down in these 3 models.
I am looking for a dashcam that is easy to use, download video, reasonable good quality video for day and night and with Parking Mode.
Also, Is GPS necessary ? And if WiFi connection a must ?

Which one would you recommended and why ? Thanks!

1. 70mai pro (LCD screen + WiFi but no GPS)
2. Viofo A119 (LCD screen only + GPS)
3. Viofo A119S (Lec screen only + GPS)

4. (Edited) Navman 730 or 740 (they are in special now)

Last edited:
GPS are not a must, in a pinch your speed can always be ascertained from the video footage ( Y distance you can go measure covered in X time )
WIFI i don't care about, only + for me is that it let me do settings on my lager phone screen, and my eyes are old and tired, but you don't do settings often only in case of a firmware update.
Wifi for file transfer are slow, take about as long to move a 3 minute file to your phone as it took you recording it, and i do not recommend on site sharing of anything related to a dashcam, from the fact that you have one and it is recording.
Of the ones mentioned the Viofo A119S are probably the best bet, not least in regard to low light performance, which i assume are nice if you go about out there in the back of Australia.

It's a tough choice between the A119 and the A119S. If you don't drive much at night the A119 is better. At night the A119S resolves details like number plates better, even though it slightly lags behind the A119 in vid quality overall day and night. Neither will disappoint.

The 70mai series cams have some quirks in function that you may or may not like- not bad cams but not in the same league as Viofo. Their smaller form-factor may be of value to you. Don't know the Navman, but if it were as good as these I'd probably have heard more of it.

Phil

I've narrowed down my choices to the exact same ones as you OP. I've been doing some reading. 70mai Pro runs on battery, which may be a problem in Aussie heat. That's about the only thing holding me back from it. Otherwise the functionality is great. I have Viofo A118c for a while and it died. Very poor picture too. My partner has Viofo A119 and it works fantastic with great pictures. What did you end up getting OP?

Also, anyone have any experience with 70mai pro battery problems in Aussie summer?

Back