70Mai Rearview Mirror Dash Cam D04

brute4c

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hey, I have bought two of the cameras for my parents about a year ago. I was counting on some firmware improvements like ability to remove logo from video or changing recording time to more than a minute etc. Unfotenatlyy i can't find any information about new firmware. It look like 70mai just have abandon it in favor of different models. I am right, or there is some firmware in development?

for any camera you should buy based on what it offers at the time you purchase, the overwhelming majority of cameras in the market never get any firmware updates, even some of the most expensive ones never get updated

There may be something on the Russian 4PDA forum HERE but I do not know for certain.

@jokiin is correct about this- buy based only on what a cam does now because that may be all you will ever get. It's an expensive mistake I have made myself which I won't be doing ever again ;)

Phil

As far back as i can remember people have requested a option to remove the brand watermark in the 70mai cameras, but that have not changed yet and i dont think it will in the future.

Well I have bought them for the backup camera and they were a good deal, so it's not that I regret my purchase. My parents are happy with them. I was only curious if 70mai is planning to support this product or not, seems the answer is no. Tried to update firmware using the 70mai app, but no new version is available. In my own car I have a A119 v3 and I'm fully satisfied with it.

Back