720p nightvision waterproof 20' rear cam w/ front cam + screen.. Unobtanium?!?!

WageSlaveEscapist

Reaction score
Country
United States
My eyes are going to bleed if I keep looking. I was just about to go for this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01JUHA6SO
But the cable is too short. It needs to be 20' long. I have a sprinter van with no rear windows and no rear view mirror so I want to be able to see what's behind me while driving, and I want to be continuously recording front and back. Please help. I would even settle for lower quality as long as the cable is long enough and it's waterproof with infrared lights.

We used a bnc cable setup with a mobile dvr and separate monitor. It's easy to get long lengths of bnc and what we did was run the main feed to the rear to a safe area and then a very short length from this to the rear camera so that if the cable is damaged in the more vulnerable extreme rear we only have to replace the short length rather than rewiring the whole thing again.

that rear cam is 480p not 720p, low res rubbish, you'll find that screen is too small to be practical, better to look at the truck type systems that use a 7" screen up front, the cable runs using the BNC/Coax setup they use will do 60 feet no problem

I just remembered it was a four pin din cable that we used but very similar.

Thanks for the
that rear cam is 480p not 720p, low res rubbish, you'll find that screen is too small to be practical, better to look at the truck type systems that use a 7" screen up front, the cable runs using the BNC/Coax setup they use will do 60 feet no problem

Thanks, you made a good point about having a 7" screen. Your post lead me to the RVS-770613. I'll get a DVR for it later, and then I'll get a separate, higher definition dash cam. I just wasn't able to find an HD backup camera that was very waterproof. I'm hoping this will last a long time.

I can give you a contact in China who do HD external cameras and an HD.mobile dvr unit etc. They won't be as good as the internal HD dashcams obviously in terms of image quality and they run at 2000Kbps I think but the footage I've seen is clear, sharp and far better than sd quality.

We are going to trial a setup for our HGVs as a new scheme we are going for requires tamperproof dvr units so unfortunately the very good SG dashcams are going to have to be replaced.

Price is good but it is a direct purchase from China. I'll put the link up tonight as I've got a busy day. Theirs comms are very good and I'm confident it's a safe company to buy from.

Back