720p vs 1080p 0n DVR-207

ecnar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my DVR-207 and I have been using it for 2 days now. I noticed that most members are recording videos in 720p 30fps. Is this the best setting for the best quality video? Does anyone recommend 1080p at 15fps?

DVR001 said:
1440x1080 15fps is interpolated resolution.

What does that mean? Is it worth recording in 1080 15fps or 720 30fps?

Chad said:
DVR001 said:

1080p (normally) offers more detail, however if the frame rate is halved you will not get a smooth picture, if it is an interpolated resolution then the results are generally much worse, as an example think of when you take a JPG picture from the internet and enlarge it how it gets all out of focus around any edges, this is a similar effect

The 1080p option is merely a marketing ploy :x

Chad said:
DVR001 said:

The camera's image sensor has enough physical pixel elements to record the maximum of 720 horizontal lines or resolution. With 1080 lines of horizontal resolution, the camera's processor "guesses" what color and intensity the extra pixels should be by analyzing the values of the physical pixels that surround the ones that are to be "interpolated" or estimated.

I have had DVD players that do a pretty good job of "up-converting" DVD movies to 1080 resolution, but the DVR207's processor is not capable of doing a good enough job. The resulting recording is actually worse since the field of view is narrower.

Hi guys I just received my DVR 207 from estore009, however
I am having a very grainy video. Unlike the SMOOTH samples
I have seen on this site and elsewhere.

I have settings at 1280x720
Motion detection- OFF
FPS 30FPS
IR LED --------- OFF
RECORD TIME------ 5 MINS.
I am using a Sandisk Ultra class 10- 32gb card

Here is a sample youtube video

Please advise , should I return or is there a fix for this?
Thanks

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and agree as well. Mine doesn't seem as crisp as the samples. I did read a post on dash suggesting after a few hours of recording, the quality has improved on theirs. Mine has really bad interference when the cig charger is powering it as well.

Pcyuljr said:
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and agree as well. Mine doesn't seem as crisp as the samples. I did read a post on dash suggesting after a few hours of recording, the quality has improved on theirs. Mine has really bad interference when the cig charger is powering it as well.

the interference is a common complaint, contact your seller for an updated power supply

I am also having video quality issues.
many big blocks instead of real HD.
I've contacted Vicky from estore, and she offered to replace the unit or refund my money.
What did you end up doing?
BTW, YouTube compress the videos you upload, so it would be a better idea to share them via Dropbox or google drive, to ensure that video quality is not affected.

Back