tivan

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Israel

Last edited:
This unit appears like a quality one ... especially with the accolades it got from the Israeli taxi company. I am a cab driver and am searching for a good dashcam for unruly customers.

I had sone questions about it which I sent to Seller. Have you been able to get any additiioonal information on it?

Lou

Last edited:
It somehow seems too good to be true. The advert says "ProDriver is a hidden device (DVR) for the professional driver " hidden? it looks like a large camera hanging on the windscreen.
Also, those IR LEDs on the second cam will stand out like a sore thumb in a darkened taxi.
The other thing that concerns me about this cam is the date/time stamp looks much like the ones you get on the really, really cheap dashcams.
The interior photo (passenger with the gun) doesn't look like a still from the video which also claims to be the interior cam.
The ad also says "two remote lenses, each installed in a different part of the vehicle" so if it has two remote lenses it's three channel?
I could be wrong though.

yeah the gun clip snapshot looks suspect. the advertising has some embellishment in it which is obvious (some of which you picked out @sludgeguts ).
the rear is not full HD so for me thats a deal breaker for sure.

Last edited:
for this application they intend to use the second cam inside the car to record the passengers so the 720p is not so bad in this respect as it's only a very limited range they're using it in, it's not going to be a highend solution but for the intended market segment it's probably good enough, keep in mind it's built to a price, aside from performance which is likely ok for this task the real questions come down to reliability, longevity, quality etc which is where compromises happen when things become about meeting a price point

720 resolution is hideous in these tiny cmos sensors. hideous. one wants as much resolution as one can get. details count in these environments....

i am the customer and i am used to FULL HD in this day and age. if i am serious about getting the best bang for the buck i will pay for it.

these manufacturers can cut costs elsewhere: make a cam system with no built in screen if that cost can be put into making the front and rear cam full HD. there are ways to compromise. ;)

i am the customer and i am used to FULL HD in this day and age. if i am serious about getting the best bang for the buck i will pay for it.

these manufacturers can cut costs elsewhere: make a cam system with no built in screen if that cost can be put into making the front and rear cam full HD. there are ways to compromise. ;)

I do respect the fact that not everyone is willing (or just unable) to pay the higher price needed

even stripping it down as bare bones as possible it's not possible to hit that price point with any kind of real dual 1080p solution, that product may well suit the Israeli local market need/expectation, you do only get what you pay for in life

blah... :D people will spend money if they can see the benefit. thats how its done here in america. ;)

my belief is as more people jump on the dash cam bandwagon and realize anything less than full hd on these cheap last year model sensors is not worth the money, the manufacturers will adjust. ;)

You are correct though my friend, there are different price points for different individuals who will settle for that resolution--can't argue with that... ;)

yeah I certainly believe there are people that are willing to pay more for a better result, too many manufacturers have things the wrong way round and think they constantly need to make things cheaper to get customers instead of concentrating on making things better, the race to the bottom doesn't end well for anyone involved

Anyone have links to night time videos? I can't read the manufacturer's page to find one. The auction mentions "automatic night mode", but it's unclear what that does. I'm anxiously waiting for the Pano X2 solution in the other thread to be released, but this would seem to be a decent filler in the meantime if the night time performance is better than average.

KuoH

agree with @jokiin , dont spend money on something to get you by when the one you want is near release. the pano X2 looks to be a wonderful machine. @Pier28 has one on test currently and will be selling them.

Actually, I have other family members who would prefer the price point of this solution and would likely take it over once I get the X2. I'm just curious if the quality will be sufficient. They are already using the F30, which is quite useless at night and I'm hoping not to make the same mistake with this one.

As for the X2 image quality, I agree from the sample videos in the other thread. My question however, is in regard to the ProDriver AK-Q1 night time image quality.

KuoH

X2 is close enough to release that the filler product wouldn't arrive in time anyway..
X2 image quality is excellent, the new sensor does a fantastic job

Last edited:
reach out to the developer of the cam, or search the internet. since cabbies use it, there is obviously night footage online. more than likely its going to be the same quality as cams with similar image sensors.

also you want to look at customer service after the sale. its an Israeli company right? are you willing to ship it back there should you have issues with it?

Well, I tried searching "ProDriver AK-Q1 night video" on youtube and google, but didn't find any relevant results. I was hoping for some comments from members with first hand experience. As for contacting the developer, that may be the next step, but I do not speak Israeli. Lastly being in the US, I don't hold out much hope for customer service from other countries anyway, hence my inquiry prior to purchase. At this price point, I'm not expecting stellar performance, but I'm hoping for better than the F30. I may just bite the bullet and get one anyway, since it likely can't be any worse than the other options in the same price range.

KuoH

reach out to the developer of the cam, or search the internet. since cabbies use it, there is obviously night footage online. more than likely its going to be the same quality as cams with similar image sensors.

also you want to look at customer service after the sale. its an Israeli company right? are you willing to ship it back there should you have issues with it?

Back