750s-2ch periodically worked and now its not

ulka2019

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am currently having some issues with it. I have the camera running when i am parked, i believe it is set up for 12 hrs. I have noticed that when i get back into the car the camera is off completely, even though 12 hrs have not passed. When i turn the car on many times the camera wont turn on by itself. Sometimes turning the power magic off and on works and it turns back the camera. Sometimes restarting it doesn't work. Or i will come in to the car and i will hear the camera say powering off. Few days ago i got into the car and the camera was not on, so i went ahead and restarted the power magic and nothing happened till about 15 min later into my drive the camera acted as if it was coming out from the parking mode because it said the blackvue for your safety, turning on normal recording. This started to happen about 2 weeks ago. Not sure if the cold temperature has affected the camera or what is going on. I have tried unplugging the camera and plugging back in and it has not helped. Currently the camera is not turning on at all. The Power magic pro light is on so i assume it is getting power but the camera wont turn on at all now. I also noticed that the camera all of a sudden when coming out from parking mode would say there was an impact, when it would not do that every time before and i have not changed the settings.

Have you looked at the second setting on PMP which is the voltage cut-off as it sounds like that is the problem rather than the timing. PMP will start and stop as the voltage drops and increases. The Blackvue greeting that ends with "starting normal recording" is the start up message, the friendly lady says "parking mode off" when it detects enough motion to come out of the parking mode. It is also worth double checking the wiring as it can be fickle and appear to work correctly for a while, usually until the problem is noticed. The impact message is likely to be due to the sensitivity setting as it detects motion, or the lack of it, to go in to or out of the parking mode. You can check the sensitivity on the settings on the app., but the wiring check is down to a while spent re-counting the fuse rows to make sure the red and yellow have the correct feed from the correct fuse and the earth is secure. It may also be an issue with the car. There are several comments on this site about car problems, in essence BMWs and the newer cars with more computer controlled features do not like having dash cams added to them from the outside world as the rather limited programming thinks that the dashcam will instantly drain the battery and like HAL 9000, they are programmed to take appropriate action.

Back