750s 2ch Truck

Scott-CIA

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Installed the 750s 2ch truck camera. Rear camera colour is very pale, practically black and white. Is this the norm with IR cameras. Looked at the tube video from blackvue with the rear camera, colour looks perfect. Any quick fixes for this?

When dark with IR light I’d expect black and white. Did you try it with enough normal white light?

It’s like this during the day whether it’s full sunlight or overcast. I’ll attach a pic...89E2D019-A42A-487C-ADD8-FBD877A886FB.jpeg89E2D019-A42A-487C-ADD8-FBD877A886FB.jpeg

Last edited:
Hm, looks like it’s really an infrared camera. I googled IR photography and those photos look same as yours.

According to the picture the rear camera is defective

IR filter should be disable during the day.
I got the same issue with a CCTV camera

The colors we see in our cams daytime are the result of them having an "IR cut" filter on the lens. It blocks infrared so the colors can come through. Cams that use IR do not have that filter, but may have a similar process done electronically to compensate which is switchable. Ideally the cam will detect darkness and switch modes sautomatically, but sometimes it's a manual option in the menu. Sometimes there's no option there. If the cam has an IR-cut filter it cannot detect IR images since those will then be blocked.

Getting true colors with IR is a tough process needing a lot of processor power, so these images are usualy monochrome (black and white) in dashcams.

Back