750s 2chnl keeps powering down .

Albee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DR750s-2CHNL
My 750S 2 CHNL keeps powering down . To get it restarted I have to remove and reconnect the power. Any one has advise pls.. :)

Powering down, or crashing? If the latter, probably heat (though it could be a failing SD card). But if crashing, I'd expect some (or all) of the lights to be on.

How are you powering it?

Powering down ..(No lights)... It is powered by that "Magic" power device.. cant rem correct name :)

I Think your right however about a SD card failure .. . since all seems well after reformatting the SD card.

Your BEST ... Thanks !!

I use a Multi-Safer myself, but I believe the PMP also has a "timeout" setting where it'll power down your camera after some period of parking. You'll want to check yours isn't just timing out.

The minimum timeout setting is 6 hours so shouldn't give an intermittent fault.
How often does it power down @Albee

I have a similar issue when I scheduled my dash camera reboot at 5am and after that the rear camera didn’t connect to the front so only front camera is recording. I have to unplug the coax and power cable in order to connect the rear camera again

My initial 750s did the same thing.

I eventually had it replaced. So far about week no issues. *fingers crossed*

I got my replaced as well and it work for 2 weeks. Now every times when the schedule restart and back on again the rear camera didn’t connect

Is this an SD card issue ?

For me it was a device issue that was resolved with a device replacement. (I tried 2 blackvue branded cards + a confirmed MLC card and the system still crashed)

Sounds like a reliability issue ..are there alternatives ?

Back