Last edited:
Only if it actually looks better and doesn't glitch like mine. Otherwise, it won't tell us anything we don't already know.

KuoH

My rear lens is still located to record the anterior of the car and not the rear end. If you find it useful, I can upload them

Last edited:
Man, the biggest problem from this topic is the ”ultimate” word from the title.
When somebody is looking to a camera which have two separate units like ProDriver 3 is thinking that he will put the smaller camera on the back window of the car.
Also the cable length for the rear camera is telling us where to mount it: on the rear window.

A dashcam which is supposed to record inside the car usually have both lenses on the front unit.
x3000.jpg
And the price is starting from $50.

Look here a $139 dual channel dashcam, with Sony Exmor lens, read about it here an unbiased review.

For me this topic is just advertising for some camera and/or seller.

Just ask @kuoh: is he happy with the camera because he bought it after reading your "review"?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Mtz,
The x3000 unit you offered to buy is the worst unit one can offer: ugly, bulky, dual vga, low reliability unit, which completely blocks the windshield and reveals the unit to the passengers!
Tivan, this picture is uploaded by you.
pd03.jpg

I never saw a more blocked windshield like in your example. I wrote this from the first time on this topic

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: I don't sell anything. You?
PS2: your original videos are not from Germany (your forum location), but from Israel and the ebay vendor is addressing his product for Israel.
PS3: of course, I am curious to see your ebay private messages with the seller (how good is he responding to all questions), but no. I can fake any message with any seller in the world.

PS: I don't sell anything. You?
Yet your profile shows completely different information:
mtz.jpg
That is when I stop answering.
Would you like to tell us what did you sell us until now??

I don't sell anything which is in connection with this forum. Because my location is on the Black Sea Coast I am selling products for such region interest, near de sea (beach), far away from any electronics, a completely different different domain, not online.
I would like to sell dashcams, but in my country at this moment I don't see myself making money from this business because no demanding and of course not selling dashcams like ProCam because I am afraid that someday I will look into a disappointed client. Selling online from China can be just a hit and run.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Mtz
If you have constructive criticism, you are more than welcomed to provide it, as i'm always happy to learn from others.
Otherwise, please don't.
OK, good luck ! You are very good in investigations. You found so quickly I am a undercover dashcams salesman, but also the ebay ProDriver seller's facebook page, site, and you knew from the first day that even it is new on ebay we can trust him. Mossad? :rolleyes:

kuoh images and the image with camera mounted on the windshield are better than my words.
:cool:
enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
To be fair, I made my purchasing decision before his review was published. I was satisfied with the sample daytime video originally provided and was expecting the rear view to be of only slightly lesser quality, given the claim of dual HD channels and the rear being 720p. Another thing I noticed but forgot to mention is that the front videos are in H264 MOV, but the rear videos are MJPG AVI, which are a waste of space since they're twice the size of the front at about half the resolution. It also makes me think the parts were just cobbled together, which could explain the glitching rear videos. I see now that the ebay listing has been updated with the true rear camera resolution, though it still implies H264. Coincidence? Perhaps.

The Blacksys unit might have been a contender for me given the picture quality, had it included some sort of display and controls. The price is certainly right. Come on manufacturers, make a dual remote camera system with normal SD slot(s), good day + night quality, reliable operation for around $200 and I'm in. I don't even need fancy G sensors, IR, speaker or GPS. Is it just not possible? I can deal with not being able to read oncoming license plates at 70mph closure rate like the X2 can, but it should be better than this.

KuoH

Just ask @kuoh: is he happy with the camera because he bought it after reading your "review"?

Reactions: Mtz
The Blacksys unit might have been a contender for me given the picture quality
The Sony lens showed to my eyes the best image until now and this was possible only on korean dashcams. Usually a simpe dashcam with Sony Exmor is more than $200. A dual dashcam maybe over $300. Just check other threads. The Blacksys $139 price is surprising me and I hope to not have some hidden bugs or to be some chinese fake of course without Sony Exmor lens .

Yes, the ebay page was revised few times in last days and maybe you are right, the rear camera resolution (yes, even on ebay they are calling it „rear camera”) was updated with its real(?) 480p resolution.

People need to know: when uploading a video on youtube wich is even 2 pixels lower than 720p, after finishing uploading, youtube will not offer to you as a viewer the possibility to switch to 720p resolution because Youtube will store your video at the next lower resolution. So if your camera videos are between 718 and 480 pixels, youtube will offer no more than 480p.
Usually a HD image is 16:9 not 4:3 aspect ratio.

Here is a screenshot from youtube sample video which is offered in their official ebay page:

prodriver 720p fake.jpg

This means the video was edited on PC, upscaled from SD resolution to HD resolution just to cheat youtube the video is 720p. People which know things about video enconding already know the video was edited on PC because there is some logo and embedded subtitles.
For me this upscaling, more than fake HD rear camera seller description, means that ebay seller have intention to cheat its customers.
But! Because of time and date embedded on the top left video image, is very possible the video from ebay page to be recorded with another dashcam or the front unit and in reality the rear videos to be like the one posted by kuoh.

And this was funny:
@tivan
However I found the absence of duplicate audio in the rear lens video as an advantage! Instead of using precious data in the memory card twice, the audio is recorded only once.

@kuoh
the rear videos are MJPG AVI, which are a waste of space since they're twice the size of the front at about half the resolution.
Come on, man, you are losing just few GB, but because no audio you will gain few MB. So you are not wasting so much space, just few GB.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
The camera actually saves the rear video natively in 1280x720, so the upscaling is being done in the camera. I don't know if the seller intentionally attempted to deceive buyers or were just unaware, but the camera manufacturer definitely tried to pull a fast one. I suspected the sensor was lower resolution by the image quality, but only confirmed it after finding the spec listed on the last page.

As for the waste of space comment, what I meant was that the video files for the rear camera are twice the size (500mb/5 min) of the front (250mb/5 min) when it's only about half the resolution. It also uses a less efficient encoding method, MJPG as opposed to H264 for the front. It's better than nothing, but was presented as something better than it actually is.

KuoH

This means the video was edited on PC, upscaled from SD resolution to HD resolution just to cheat youtube the video is 720p. People which know things about video enconding already know the video was edited on PC because there is some logo and embedded subtitles.
For me this upscaling, more than fake HD rear camera seller description, means that ebay seller have intention to cheat its customers.
But! Because of time and date embedded on the top left video image, is very possible the video from ebay page to be recorded with another dashcam and in reality the rear videos to be like the one posted by kuoh.

Come on, man, you are losing just few GB, but because no audio you will gain few MB. So you are not wasting so much space, just few GB.

Please be aware everyone that tivan's IP address is from Israel. I have changed his location from Germany to Israel. Also based on his posts, it appears he is a retailer of this camera.

Tivan, please do not misrepresent yourself on this forum or you will be banned.

Last edited:
There is no mistake. You have misrepresented yourself (saying you are from Germany rather than Israel).

Also, some digging revealed that you "Liked" the Prodriver product on Facebook as far back as April ( I sent a private message on that). Interesting that you were a fan of their products nearly 6 months before this review.

Reactions: Mtz
I don't wish to continue this dialogue, as I find your accusations offending.

Last edited:
Back