805 shuts off after 12 min

Ben Longden

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an 805 that provides a superb picture.
However, after 12 mins of operation it shuts down. The blue light is on continuous.

Any suggestions?

The camera is wired into the car via USB power.
It happens with different cards from different manufacturers (32Gb, class 10)
Outside air temp 12 degrees C
Inside temp about the same.
happens irrespective of file length (1 min, 3 or whatever)

Have you tried powering it using the supplied cigarette lighter socket charger?

Have you tried powering it using the supplied cigarette lighter socket charger?

Yes.
No difference.

Power is actually via the cigarette lighter plug, tucked into the A pillar and to a 12v power bus, so there are no dangling cables.

The only other thing I can think of is, you could try using a class 6 card, my Mini 0805 didn't like class 10 cards, used to stop recording and throw up 'fragment error' messages. At a loss in regards to other possibilities.

You could get it replaced, if that's an option..

Hmm. Switch to a lower speed card?
Might just try that.
Thanks.

have you check your sd card ? did your cam record anything in 12 minutes ?
next time, let's try on 805 with usb wall power ?

It is just powering off normally (like you disconnect power from docker), or freezing?

I think you should try:
- bring camera home plug a (good quality 1A) phone charger into your camera and start recording (as Thancam mentioned before)
- motion detection OFF
- if it's stopped working it will generate LOG files to SD root, look that
- update to latest official firmware

Ok will try these..

off the air for work for 48hrs..

I have a 32Gb class 6 card on order.
Yes it records perfectly for the 12 mins (picture quality is stunning)

Ok will try these..

off the air for work for 48hrs..

I have a 32Gb class 6 card on order.
Yes it records perfectly for the 12 mins (picture quality is stunning)
dont order class 6.
Try transcend 400x class 10 32Gb or some card has higher 400x speeds. Avoid sandisk. Good luck.

Okay... the class 6 cards arrived.
So I took the camera out of the car, leaving the GPS module on the windscreen.

Plugged it in to the phone charger, and swapped the class 10 card for a class 6.
Checked the settings and the camera worked perfectly for several hours.

Removed it from the phone charger, and replaced it back in the car, with power applied to it through the GPS module.
the result is it would not record, but went straight into standby mode.

Then..

I tried to switch it off. No luck. No button would work, including the big one on the side.
removed it from the GPS module, and the camera was still 'frozen'.

So, let it run the internal battery down to flat, and replaced it in the GPS module. Same thing.

Ran the battery flat again, and powered it using the camera power port (on top) and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

The problem is in your usb power. Try another car charger. Notice the moment you start your engineer. Did the cam is frozen at this moment ?

Free to good home. One paperweight.

Ive tried the slow class six card as the manual suggested, also a class 10 of various sizes.
I bypassed the GPS module and plugged the power directly to the camera, and it still works fine for 12 mins then shuts off.
Power via the charger, as well as a power plug and USB cable, and nothing changes.

While many others have had no issues with this camera model, I am of the opinion it was made late on a friday afternoon, right on beer O'Clock..

Bit of a bugger really as this cameras night vision is just astounding.

Can anyone steer me to a decent wide dynamic range camera that wont break the bank?

Back