808 #18V2 how to change the settings?

germany

Reaction score
Country
Germany
No seriously I have no idea after one hour of googeling. I just found no informations about it.

Can someone help especially mtz :D

It's recording in a pretty good quality, more than I expected. I want to record 720p and loop modus.

On my previous Car Chain Cams there was a txt file on it where I could change the settings.

Maybe it's recording in Loop mode automatically but I don't think so the chinese seller sent me now a #18 configuration tool with an E-Mail after several requests. Too bad that I'm actually on a mac where I'm even not able to open the file :)

Maybe a Mod can change the thread's name just in "808 #18V2 Discussion"

Today I made my first tests in the car today. Quality ist good I'm very happy with it but the cam is getting extremely hot :)

I had my settings in the S18config file on the microSD card with my own settings. I had also the setting "autmatically switch off after three minutes" it didn't. Because later when I was at home I saw that it recorded 80 minutes (8 x 10 minutes). I was pretty surprised that this small battery can record so lang also it was pretty cold outside and in the car :D

Mtz said:
The camera will record until the battery will become empty. I don't know if a future firmware can solve this problem. enjoy,
Mtz

A few questions about #18V2:
- how can I see that the cam starts recording when I start the car?
- how many wires are in this USB cable? I have the adapter for the fuse box and want to connect it but I've no idea what I should do when there are more than two wires?

please help

The camera have LED and you can look at it to be sure it is recording.
There are about 3 cables for the 808 cameras:
- the USB round cable is for data connection with your PC
- the USB flat cable with only 2 wires is for charging the camera and Auto-Start recording
- the AV cable is enabling the AV Out mode of the camera and also it is charging the camera if the USB connector is connected to some charger or PC. The AV Cable is not for use with the PC because it doesn't have the required wires for data transmission.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: sorry for late response. :cry:

Back