90 degree cables

Rumline

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm considering purchasing this dash cam and I noticed in several youtube videos that it comes with straight plugs for the power and AV cables. Finding a suitable 90 degree power cable shouldn't be too hard, but what kind of connector is on the "AV" cable? Is it a proprietary plug?

Actually it's "8-pin miniUSB". Pretty standard in a camera-world.

It's generally a 10 pin plug but only 6 wires are used, even if you find an adaptor I'd advise against it, they lead to reliability issues when used with the rear camera cable

Hmm...8 pins, 10 pins...which is it?

I would definitely buy a whole new cable with the correct termination, not adapters.

you would have to get a cable from DOD, you're not going to find this type of cable as an accessory

Confirmed with BlackBoxMyCar that 90 degree cables ship with the units now.

I don't know how about you but if BlackBoxMyCar means this(bellow), i think it's not far from the "straight" one. xD

index.php

LOL true. At least it'll be a little cleaner than with straight cables.

Do you have one of these? If so are you sure about it being a standard micro usb digital camera (8 pin) connector?

Yes i have(forget about until now it was in RMA and they replaced it with defective one - 8 dead pixels) this dashcam and therefore i know what i'm talking about.(at least in case of an european version)

I've said it's miniUSB and count with me...:
tUO4NPz.jpg

Back